Shipping - I don't need it, how to I get around that?

Lynne in NY

Hello,

We will be having "free shipping" on all our products, the cost of the shipping will be built into the product. This is the easiest way for us as sales tax on shipping and the product is required and the same rate.

So I integrated the PayPal module ... but I still get the red banner that says " Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. "

So... I don't see where I can "turn on" a shipping method, and I don't really want to install an API for it as we won't be using it.

Also, when I click on the PayPal Checkout button, I get this red banner:

• Error: Security header is not valid Security error
  • Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

Please advise?

The security header message is probably from one of two things: you mouse-swiped your PayPal Merchant code from an email or web page, then pasted it into the CubeCart text entry field, or you are using a 'live' merchant code in the module's sandbox mode (or v.v.).

We recommend that you physically, manually, type in your merchant code into the text entry field. A mouse-swipe often catches invisible characters such as spaces or tabs.

You will FTP the enclosed folder to /modules/shipping/ folder.

Thanks bsmither. I figured that on the captcha, but I can't find where go to in Admin to re-enter the keys. The screen that popped up when I did it originally got closed and now I can't find it.

Ooops. Wait a minute... the unzip created a folder that contains a bunch of other folders that have the same name as the folders directly under the root. Do I copy all those folders to modules/shipping or do I copy the folder that they were all unzipped under?

Thanks! I edited my previous comment - we crossed paths typing.

Ooops. Wait a minute... the unzip created a folder that contains a bunch of other folders that have the same name as the folders directly under the root. Do I copy all those folders to modules/shipping or do I copy the folder that they were all unzipped under?

The PayPal screen doesn't show where to enter the keys. It shows the API username and password that PayPal assigned, but not the fields for the captcha keys. The captcha keys were registered with Google (as required by CubeCart?), not PayPal

The actual folder named "Free_Shipping" (which, directly inside this specific folder is the config.xml file and other folders and files) will be uploaded to /modules/shipping/.

The PayPal API keys are entered on the PayPal module's configuration screen.

The Google reCaptcha keys are entered on the Store Settings, Features tab.

I've got the "free_shipping" folder uploaded, but the red banner still shows up in checkout.

Then I started experimenting in the Manage Extensions.

--------------------
When I use this combination

Name: Free Shipping
Min. Subtot: 1
Max Weight: 555

I get a drop down box that looks like Fig. 1, and you can only select the 0.00 line which has no other description. Awkward.

-------------------

Name: Schedule Pickup

I get a drop down box that looks like Fig. 2, and you can only select the 1 line which is logical.

-------------------

Name: Ship for Free

I get a drop down box that looks like Fig. 2 again, but this time only offers the "Ship for Free", the "Schedule Pickup" doesn't show up.

Sorry I'm being so thick about all this,  but now my question is am I only allowed a single shipping method?
I would like to have the ability to schedule a pickup AND ship for free.

Ideally, I would like to not have to bother with shipping at all, and just have PayPal as the only checkout option, and let PayPal do the shipping.

Untitled.jpg

Please try this: in admin, Store Settings, Features tab, check the box for "Disable initial shipping & tax estimates". Also, check the box for "Allow physical orders even if no shipping options are available". Save. Then, in Manage Extensions, disable all installed Shipping modules. Save.

On the storefront, empty all the contents of your current shopping basket. This will purge any reference to any shipping choices made previously.

Add a physical item that has some weight to it. Proceed to checkout.

Do you still get the warning banner?

Wow....

😢

ok, I'll try that. But if I disable shipping & taxes, will I lose the ability to calculate sales tax??

Is there no way in CubeCart to simply have a choice of "free shipping" or "schedule a pickup"? It seems like such an obvious and simple feature.

There is also a Store Collection shipping module. (It is a near exact copy of Free Shipping.) Set both to Minimum Subtotal is "0".

That should cause there to be these two choices in the checkout Choose Shipping drop-down. (You can install and enable an unlimited number of shipping modules.)

I deleted shipping and checkout related everything and started over and I now have the 2 shipping options I wanted. YAY!

However, when I click on it "CHECK OUT", I get this:
" Many thanks for your order! The order status is currently pending but it will automatically update to processing once payment is confirmed. Normally this is automated and will happen within the hour but please do contact us if you require more information. "

Since I don't have any payment info in my profile, I assume this will fail?

Is there anyway at all I can get rid of the default check out and just use straight up PayPal (assuming I can get it working at some point)?

EUREKA!!!!!!

I installed PayPal Pro, got everything lined up, and was able to place and order and pay for it! I also notice that in this round the Cube Cart "Check Out" button when clicked takes me right to PayPal. Which is repetitive, but fine for now.

What a journey!

Archived