Enable flat shipping options by category

swood

Firstly, I am so so sorry if this has already been asked before, I have trawled the forum and couldn't see anything similar.

I am creating a website providing for several clubs. I have 3 delivery options, but not all clubs use all three.

For example, for members of one club they want me to provide Home delivery (£5), collect from their club HQ (Free), and collect from my shop (Free). For another club they may only want collect from their club HQ.

Do any of the shipping extensions allow this configuration by product or category. I can see the 'by category' option, but it looks like i can only choose one delivery method then adjust cost. I want to present the customers with the delivery options approved by their club.

Thank you in advance for any help! :)

Sam

Welcome swood! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Quick question: does any one club allow or prohibit a shopping cart from containing items of another club? Or is the inventory in your store not distinct between clubs?

For example: sports jerseys for the Knights, the Spartans, and the Vikings. A customer buys one of each team. How does delivery happen?

Hi bsmither,

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

That's a very good question! The inventory isn't locked by club, so a customer could buy a mix, for example: sports jerseys for the Knights, the Spartans, and the Vikings :)

The delivery options would read: Home delivery, collect from club, and collect from my shop; if they choose 'collect from club' i will actually dispatch the 3 jerseys to the separate clubs (this will be explained to the customer in advance) or if they choose home delivery then all 3 will go together to their address.

If a club doesn't offer a club pick up, then only home delivery and pick up from me should show. Unless it is easier to set it up so the customer has to choose delivery by product?

Thank you for your help, I hope I have made sense,

Cheers,

Sam

Thank you very much for your help! I really really appreciate it!!

I think on the whole most clubs offer all, there are a couple that don't allow club pickup, and a couple that down't allow home delivery, so i would hope no-one would buy both. (I am mainly selling school uniforms etc.)

So pick up from my shop would always be an option.

Again, I cannot thank you enough!

• 3 weeks later...

Full disclosure: I haven't yet deployed my cart with shipping options or anything, just managed to get the inventory up that's all.

Idea: secretly categorise different clubs as different parcel sizes? For each parcel size class, you can put in the actual weight of the item, and base your shipping costs on the weight alone.

Just putting that out there ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cubicsquare,

i don't quite understand, please could you clarify it a bit for me? Also which extension would you be suggesting?

So for one club i could put low product size (and allow collect from club) but for the products with no 'collect from club' increase the size above the collect from club threshold to disable it?

Is there an extension which disables options by size?

Cheers,

Sam

• 1 year later...

hi there i can't recall much about this thread but i think i was thinking about the "All In One Shipping" tool, using weight categories as a vehicle for your different deals, e.g. classifying one club as a weight band, and for that weight band, you offer the deal suitable for that club.

Archived