Selling Price - SEO

keat

Is it possible to have prices show up in SEO.

For instance, I can search Google for a product, and our page is right at the top, but unless you click the google link, there's no indication what the price is.

It would be fantastic if Google could pick up on this.

As an experiment, I've modified the meta description, to include the price, (lets see what the next few days brings)

However, this would be hard work for a whole site.

Using the meta description is no guarantee either - you have no control over what Google uses - it can take the meta description, part of it or create it's own from content on the page.  If it worked in this instance, great but dont count on it

Having good schema.org markup on the page (https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/google-pinterest-schema-org-microdata-plugin) will help Google and exporting your products to Google Merchant Centre (https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/google-merchant-centre-feed) will get them including the price, added into their system with a lot of exposure

It can initially be a little tricky to get setup but having done a large number for clients, I am pretty good at it now !  It also requires the feed to be good both in terms of what data is uploaded (the core CubeCart plugin is missing data and also has bugs) but also the data quality needs to be good as well.

Once configured though it is a fantastic FREE resource for advertising your products and in my opinion pretty much all CubeCart merchants should use it - many of our clients get well over 50% of their sales this way so who wouldnt want to double their sales for nothing ??

If you (or anyone else) is interested drop me a message (preferably via our website support ticket system and I can run through what is needed

I took another look at it today, seeing as I gave up on a long time ago.

The merchant centre is telling me that i've 4000 products listed and about 500 errors.

Of the 4000 listed products, I've not had a single click.

Of the 500 errors, most of them don't fulfil the image size criteria, a lot of hard work and I can't be bothered    😃

2 hours ago, keat said:

Of the 4000 listed products, I've not had a single click.

Of the 500 errors, most of them don't fulfil the image size criteria, a lot of hard work and I can't be bothered    😃

There must be some issue with the way they are listed as that just isnt right.  As I said previously we have several clients that probably get thousands of pounds (or even tens of thousands in one case) worth of orders via merchant centre per month

If the images are too small then that wont help and if you dont have supporting schema (microdata) markup that also wont help but even if you forgot the 500 products with small images, then getting sales from the others for FREE should be worth some effort but if you dont think so then .......

Archived