6.2.6 Document Editor Fails to Load

QuotesUK

I have just upgraded to v6.2.6. When I go to edit a document (i.e. a page on the site) the text editor fails to load. So on the Content tab all I see is "Edit Document" followed by a gap and then the Save button and delete document link. The editor has failed to load. When I view source for the web page I can see the document text.

I have another site at v6.2.5 where the document editor is still working. The html structure around the data looks identical. So I am guessing it is something failing to load, rather than an html bug in the page itself.

In case it is relevant (it probably isn't) but both sites have a database warning "CubeCart_order_summary.custom_oid has a key type KEY but expecting UNIQUE KEY."

In the web browser world, when a page has a resource (image, javascript, CSS file) that is the same name as a resource that was loaded earlier, the browser will use the copy it stored locally in its internal cache.

Unfortunately, this brings about the situation you find yourself in. The javascript file, ckeditor.js is a newer version in CC626 than what is used in CC625 and earlier.

The browser cached version is then requesting ancillary javascript files that are newer than it - so there is a version collision.

To force your browser to fetch a fresh copy of page resources, typically that is done by CTRL-F5.

But you mention you still have sites at CC625. Thus, there will probably still be a version collision - what needs to run vs what the browser has in its cache.

You could copy the /includes/ckeditor/ folder from CC626 replacing that folder in your other installations. Thus, all stores are running the same version.

Or, you can try this:

In the administrative folder for CC626, /skins/default/templates/main.php, find near line 58:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

Change to:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js?J5S8"></script>

For CC625:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js?G14E"></script>

By adding a querystring to a link (the part after the question mark), the browser will generally request the file instead of using whatever is in it's cache.

This has the side effect of always fetching a 690 KB file for every page load -- in admin.

19 minutes ago, bsmither said:

To force your browser to fetch a fresh copy of page resources, typically that is done by CTRL-F5.

But you mention you still have sites at CC625. Thus, there will probably still be a version collision - what needs to run vs what the browser has in its cache.

The browser will be caching files based on the site url - there would be chaos otherwise !  We look after hundreds of CubeCart sites all of different versions and none would work.  Simply go to the description tab for one product, CTRL-F5 to force refresh of the cached file for that site and all will be well

Refreshing the page has not worked. Shift-reload has not worked.

Quiting the browser and relaunching has not worked.

However changing to a different browser has worked - clearly it is a very persistent loading issue.

I have now upgraded my other site from 6.2.5 to 6.2.6 and it now exhibits the same behaviour.

6 minutes ago, QuotesUK said:

Refreshing the page has not worked. Shift-reload has not worked.

Quiting the browser and relaunching has not worked.

Neither of those clear the browser cache - as I said previously you need to hold down CTRL key and hit F5

8 minutes ago, QuotesUK said:

However changing to a different browser has worked - clearly it is a very persistent loading issue.

That will if you dont use that browser - it therefore doesnt have the old version of the files cached

8 minutes ago, QuotesUK said:

I have now upgraded my other site from 6.2.5 to 6.2.6 and it now exhibits the same behaviour.

It will until you clear the browser cache - the new site will work in the second browser though.

All the above proves it isnt a CubeCart issue but a local browser cache issue

35 minutes ago, QuotesUK said:

I use Apple Mac and CTRL F5 doesn't do anything.

Well there you go - that is your problem straight away lol

In that case, you will need to clear cache within the browser itself - depending on which browser you use, the method will be slightly different and you should have the chance to clear cached files for each individual site

Archived