UTC offset vs Timezone setting?

Dirty Butter

I normally use the Timezone setting to Ameria/Chicago in the Store Settings Advanced tab. But I noticed the time was wrong on our website (our server is in Europe). So I set the UTC Offset to -6 and now the store time is right.

Is this a bug in CC 6.2.6 that the America/Chicago setting was not sufficient to show the correct store time? Or just a misunderstanding on my part that the UTC Offset also needed to be set....

I read through that whole discussion and understood very little of it. So I take it this is not a bug, but just my lack of understanding. I have it showing what I want now. -6 UTC and America/Chicago gives me accurate time/date in Admin for when a product is updated. And it gives me accurate time/date on the Timestamp edit you made for my storefront homepage to show when a product was listed and another piece of code that shows our total product listings per today's date.

Thanks as always. I appreciate your efforts to teach.

I've just realized that my -6 UTC and Chicago/America only give the desired time on the storefront IF I am logged in as Admin. If I log out and refresh with FireFox or Chrome, the offset is ignored on the storefront.

I'm using your code on the Latest Products on the Homepage:

Added  {formatTime(strtotime($product.updated))}

Is there a way to keep the date and not show the time?

No - not even when logged in as admin. It's not a crucial thing. It just makes it look like I've added listings in the middle of the night (elf is busy)  ;)

AH - will work OK - today's listings show time, BUT all but last of yesterday's listings only show the date. THANK YOU!

Archived