Modifications not

dianepep

I am new to Cubecart and am just putting a website together quickly and learning it as I go and am using Foundation_Mauris. I'm sorry ahead of time if this is a stupid question and it may not even be cubecart but may be something with my webspace.

I made changes to common.css to change the background color of my website but when I go to my Storefront in Admin Control it does not show the changes. I opened developer tools and inspected to find that common.css is not even showing my changes. I modified it and updated it in ftp and then checked my webspace and made sure the changes are showing there but it seems like it is running the old copy. Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or give me any hints as to where I can check to find the solution. I made another website and used the regular Foundation and was able to make changes and have them appear so I'm not sure if I did something wrong when I used foundation_mauris. 

This is the part of common.css that I modified:

body {
    color: #636363;
/*    background: #EDF2F6 url(../images/background_gradient.jpg) repeat-x;                */
    background: #FFFFFF url(../images/header_background_gradient_ModByDiane.jpg) repeat-x;

}

But when I do inspect on the Storefront it shows:

background: #EDF2F6 url(../images/background_gradient.jpg) repeat-x;

If anyone wants to see the website under construction  you can see it here: www.AprilsBest.askladydi.com

Thanks for any help ahead of time. 

p.s. I cleared the cache. 

For the Foundation skin:

As of a version or two back, CubeCart's Foundation skin squeezes all page resources, creates one single file and caches that file. It then rewrites the HTML to make the link point to that cached file. Then it squeezes the resulting page HTML output.

That means changes to a page resource file will need to have CubeCart clear its internal cache in order to rebuild the cache file using the newly edited source files.

For the Mauris skin:

The single file and caching part is not done with the Mauris skin. CubeCart still squeezes the output, however.

While making changes such as this, you can set debug mode on, and this will stop the squeezing and caching. (In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable debug mode and enter your IP address in the adjacent file: www.whatismyip.com)

When you say you cleared the cache, is this CubeCart's internal cache or the web browser's internal cache?

Interestingly, the web server reports (300 Multiple Choices) that it did not find "header_background_gradient_ModByDiane.jpg", but rather "header_background_gradient_ModByDiane.png".

On 11/1/2019 at 1:47 AM, bsmither said:

For the Foundation skin:

As of a version or two back, CubeCart's Foundation skin squeezes all page resources, creates one single file and caches that file. It then rewrites the HTML to make the link point to that cached file. Then it squeezes the resulting page HTML output.

That means changes to a page resource file will need to have CubeCart clear its internal cache in order to rebuild the cache file using the newly edited source files.

For the Mauris skin:

The single file and caching part is not done with the Mauris skin. CubeCart still squeezes the output, however.

While making changes such as this, you can set debug mode on, and this will stop the squeezing and caching. (In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable debug mode and enter your IP address in the adjacent file: www.whatismyip.com)

When you say you cleared the cache, is this CubeCart's internal cache or the web browser's internal cache?

Interestingly, the web server reports (300 Multiple Choices) that it did not find "header_background_gradient_ModByDiane.jpg", but rather "header_background_gradient_ModByDiane.png".

Thanks for your reply. I meant I cleared Cubcart's internal cache. Yesterday's updates wound up showing today after 24 hours. 

I didn't notice my image file is a png but I reference a jpg in my code. That is also how the original image file and code are too. Thanks for catching that. I'm not sure why the original worked when it is the same way. lol. 

I made more changes tonight and I enabled debug and put in my ip addy but it is still not showing my updates. I appreciate any help you can give. Thank you

Archived