Should the sub folders show in Products Images tab?

Bev

I created in the Admin>Product(choose product) >images tab called "products"

I then used the file manager in cPanel to move the product images (about 100) into the folder that was created using the admin (/public_html/cart/images/source/products).

I then went to admin> file manager and updated the file list for the folder I created.

Next I went back to admin>products(choose product) >images tab and expected to be able to see the products folder I had created using this earlier, but I don't

I tried uploading a single image using the upload part in the lower part of the page, but that dumped it in /public_html/cart/images/source

So how do I pick an image for a product that is already there in a folder that doesn't show up  please?  I can't see a way of navigating to the products folder or am I just too tired to see it?

product-images.png

Yes it did and admin>filemanager> images show all the files I uploaded as well

I have actually done this 4 times, so there are 4 subfolders in public_html/cart/images/source , none of which show up in the admin > product> image screen(as shown above).

Should sub folders show up there?

I've never had this problem, as mine always show up.

I just upgraded to 6.2.7 just now and my folders are missing too!!

Look in the actual Filemanager Image files via CC Admin. My folders show there but not in the Image tab of a product. How about you?

TEMPORARY FIX until CC folks can chime in. Edit ajax.class.php to remove the new 6.2.7 lines. THIS MAY HAVE OTHER BAD UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES.  (6.2.8 reverts this file to 6.2.7 code to leave out the lines I show here as commented out)

// Directories
                $dirs = $filemanager->getDirectories();

if (is_array($dirs)) {
                    $dir = $filemanager->formatPath($dir);
                   // TEMPORARILY COMMENTED OUT if(is_array($dir)) {
                        foreach ($dirs[$dir] as $parent => $folder) {
                            $path = (!empty($dir)) ? '/' : '';
                            $json[] = array(
                                'type' => 'directory',
                                'path' => urldecode($dir.basename($folder).'/'),
                                'name' => basename($folder),
                            );
                     // TEMPORARILY COMMENTED OUT  }
                    }
                }

Since updating to the new version

I have exactly the same problem. In File Manager/Images I can see the directory I created with all the subdirectories in it (about 8 0r 9) and some 150 different images.

All the products I have already in the store show the images correctly, but any new ones are unable to find the images directories. 
Not sure if its meant to be there but when you try and add a picture to a product it takes you to the Images folder which in my case has a logo only in it and should have a sub directory called Products and then subdirectories and images. When you look at the input box where you would normally chose your images it shows .\

Does that take it back to far or what.... I am totally stuck now with product I want to add but cant.

Sorry, I edited my last comment. I am able to create a new product listing with an image. I created the folder from the Image tab of the Product listing and uploaded it. All worked as it should. It's late at night in the UK, so for now it appears my edit to ajax.class.php does work.

49 minutes ago, Neil said:

When you look at the input box where you would normally chose your images it shows .\

Does that take it back to far or what.... I am totally stuck now with product I want to add but cant.

The .\ is the root of the image directory and it's supposed to be there. There's a typo or something in the new 6.2.7 lines of code in ajax.class.php, so commenting that out takes the if clause out that's messed up in some way.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, Dirty Butter said:

Now that the announcement is here on the forum, I can see that the other changes have something to do with an upcoming PayPal API change Al is working on.

Glad you caught it early!!!  🤩

My cold or the bug?  Seems to work fine on 6.2.8.  I deleted my previous post if you got notification - apologies, cold not letting me think straight

Archived