reCAPTURE on Old V3 Site

garywhitling

Hi,

I need to add a reCAPTURE to an old version 3 cube cart store and was wondering if this has been done before?

I have the code for the reCAPTURE however i require some pointers as to how i can get it to become part of the registration form (i.e a user is not able to complete the sign up unless they pass the reCAPTURE test)

Any help would be much appreciated

Gary

The CC3 style of submitting a form is to send the name of the form to a javascript function via an <a href="javascript:submitDoc('registerForm');"> tag.

Depending what Google's reCaptcha API is looking for, you may need to change this to a form's <input type="submit"> button.

But, you would put the javascript you acquired in the skin's /styleTemplates/global/index.tpl file, <head> section.

Then you may need to add an identifying class (according to what the javascript needs to find) to the form's button that initiates the 'submit' action. That is in the /styleTemplates/content/reg.tpl file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bsmither,

Thank you for the help,

I can get the reCapture showing on the page, however i cannot seem to get it linked to the current submit and continue button. 

When i say link i mean that the reCapture is not having any effect on the page (Someone can just bypass it and still continue)

I added the following to the /styleTemplates/global/index.tpl and the /styleTemplates/global/cart.tpl

<!-- Start - reCapture by Gary -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
  var onloadCallback = function() {
    alert("grecaptcha is ready!");
  };
</script>

<script src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js" async defer></script>    
<!-- End - reCapture by Gary -->     

and added the following to the reg.tpl page

I have moved the code around the page to try different things but have been unsuccesful 

Tried this

<form action="?" method="POST">
      <div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="my site key details removed"></div>
            </form>

Tried this

<form action="?" method="POST">
      <div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="my site key details removed"></div>
      <br/>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit">
            </form>

This is the code for the submit button

<a href="javascript:{VERIFY_TAX_FORMAT} submitDoc('registerForm');" class="txtButton" tabindex="17" >{LANG_REGISTER_SUBMIT}</a>

Should some of the code be added to this link?

Any suggestions 🙂

Archived