Strange code - top left of home page

vidmarc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes i check as well and everything worked out. I also place an order as guest and also worked fine. Guess cause the first time I didn't edit both fields

So it's the ajax call the issue

Now I tried to do the same to evmusicshop.com and got this

�^��QI4��F,�@-(.�ǭ6�b$�jy2��讷���^�)����<�zf��8Z�L���+��"�׫�x���ʋ���ނ+-z�����b��r�ߊ��'~(,��ޝ���&�����w��r�ߊ�j)Zu�޲

When trying to register

Technically, no. The ajax call is not the problem.

The problem is that somewhere, rogue characters are getting added to the output stream -- either from CubeCart or the hosting environment (maybe PHP).

It is just that this problem corrupts the response being sent to the web browser that initiated the ajax request.

Your right. that makes the correct sense. On evmusicshop, even that I got a page after register with all those rogue characters. The registration did go thru when I refreshed the page, it landed me in the user account panel. With that being said. Again, yes your 100% correct that the rogue characters are the real issue here.

Well I left the edit as is for now since it's the only way for it to work. Hopefully this can be fixed on an upgrade or so. I do however want to thank you bsmither because you always happen to save and help me when I most need it. And for that I always appreciate you, and have to say that your the man and savior of alot of people on here. God bless always!

Well that won't be hard to do as I'm my own hoster lol... I also do and provide hosting services. And all the site's and my clients site's are on my hosting platform. But what will I be looking for would be the million dollar question as everything seems to be fine on server part. This only happened after upgrade.

Also keep in mind that there is someone else that this is happening too which is on a diffrent server.

There must be a utility that can track what PHP is doing (valgrind/callgrind), other utilities to monitor web server processes, and monitors of network traffic (wireshark - limited analysis when traffic is encrypted). These tools and others should be well understood when running a hosting business.

Having made that edit in the GUI class reveals the very end of CubeCart processes - after Smarty does it's thing.

But, the rogue output could be happening after CubeCart gives PHP the HTTP headers, but before Smarty renders the page.

Please determine if the rogue output appears on your administration log-in page. If not, then it's strictly a index.php problem.

If possible, switch off SSL and see if anything different happens.

Any common plugins you are using?

If it's PHP, create a file named index2.php:

<?php
echo "<!DOCTYPE html><html><head></head><body>";
echo "Hello World";
echo "</body></html>";
?>

You say you do not see the characters when viewing the browser's "Page Source" window of the admin script. Interesting.

Request index2.php and see what you get.

Let's try this experiment:

In /classes/gui.class.php, find:

public function display($file)
    {
        $this->_setCanonical();

On a new blank line after this, add:

$catchOutput=ob_get_flush(); echo "<!--".substr($catchOutput,0,20)."-->"; echo "<!--".substr($GLOBALS['smarty']->fetch($file),0,20)."-->";

In index.php, find:

<?php

On a new blank line after this, add:

ob_start();

We will start a buffer to catch any output up until we ask Smarty to render the templates. If anything gets caught, it will be seen inside HTML comments on the browser's Page Source window.

Certainly disable the RSS feed module.

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at 
/home2/themixta/public_html/includes/extra/snippet_b36f043be1d31136cea15372203539fc.php)

The cubecart.class.php file, near line 2051, has a hook for "class.cubecart.404".

In admin, Manage Hooks, Code Snippets tab, find the snippet that uses this hook.

Archived