Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit) won't show added product in "your shopping basket"

easyflags

Hi, I am sure this has been experienced before. Firefox is not loading CubeCart 6 store properly compared to Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers.

For instance if you add/buy product it won't show up, or shows up for a mil-second and gets concealed by Firefox in "your shopping basket" page. Or what is "1. Basket" which is 1st page in the checkout process; nor it will show the product added in the "2. Checkout" page, albeit the the product is actually in the basket and the shop reacts normally only that it is not showing product in the checkout pages. The small basket logo at the top right corner indicates the added product with the price tag properly.

Also the Firefox won't align products in a grid view, rather showing them in rows only, which is note the case with IE and Chrome.

Any help would be appreciated,

Luke

9 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

Try your site with the Store Setting Layout tab "Jump to basket on Add". That's the way mine is set and FF is working just fine. Also, I'm having no problem changing back and forth between grid and list view.

What skin are you using? What CC version are you using?

Thank you DB, the store was always set to "YES" on "Jump to basket on add".  The CC version is 6.2.6.   shop location www.easyflags.uk

It might as well be cookie or plugin settings on FF, but other customers have reported having the same issue.

Are you viewing your site on a device where the viewport width is 640 pixels or less?

If so, you may have a problem with one of your skin template files. It seems you may have a skin by the name of "es". (This comes from the name of the cached javascript and CSS files.)

In this skin, examine the template content.checkout.php.

Near lines 18-19:

{include file='templates/content.checkout.medium-up.php'}
   {include file='templates/content.checkout.small.php'}

Make sure then template content.checkout.small.php exists. This template will show the table of Shopping Basket items when the viewport is "small" (640 pixels wide or less).

On 11/14/2019 at 5:08 PM, bsmither said:

Are you viewing your site on a device where the viewport width is 640 pixels or less?

If so, you may have a problem with one of your skin template files. It seems you may have a skin by the name of "es". (This comes from the name of the cached javascript and CSS files.)

In this skin, examine the template content.checkout.php.

Near lines 18-19:

{include file='templates/content.checkout.medium-up.php'}
   {include file='templates/content.checkout.small.php'}

Make sure then template content.checkout.small.php exists. This template will show the table of Shopping Basket items when the viewport is "small" (640 pixels wide or less).

Thank you bsmither, the prbolem is not there, really. All your mentioned content.checkout.small.php file and lines are there in my 'ES' skin, which is essentially a Foundation skin only under 'ES' skin's name.

The Firefox viewport I am viewing my site has HD resolution, and I have double checked this using my old smartphone and the basket is fully visible both on Android Firefox and Android Chrome.

I think the issue is solely with current PC, Windows 7, Firefox settings. Which prevent showing the basket content. Which appears only for a mil second and gets hidded straight away.

OK, have uninstalled Firefox 64 bit and installed fresh version, the issue is gone now. BTW have checked overall Firefox market share and it happen to be minuscle compared to Chrome and Safari, hence even if other customers would temporarely experience the same issue shouldn't be too painful.

Glad you have it resolved.

When I examined the complete HTML code that was sent to my browser, I didn't see the code that comes from content.checkout.small.php. Which is strange, I admit, as this missing code would cause problems regardless of the browser.

More experiments with Firefox (52.9 ESR on WinXP versus 70.0.1 on Win7), and FF70 has definite problems - at least some misunderstandings.

It seems FF70 actually removes from the Developer Tools Inspector page, the code that will not be displayed. Also, in Responsive Design Mode, adjusting the width of the page past the change-over points does not re-apply the pertinent CSS rules. Weird.

Archived