markosolo

Select product color option using swatch images

Not sure if this is an add on or if possible doing some hacking... instead of choosing a product color option using radio, select or checkbox I would like to use small 30px X 30px images of red, blue, black etc.that customers could click on to select a color. I've experimented converting a radio list using some CSS but things got messy. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

There is a new HTML5 input type="color" that, depending on browser support, will show an entire color wheel -- no means have been found to limit the colors available.

So, in a drop-down selector, one can add style="background-color: {$value.value_name};", for example red, to the <option> tag. But you would need some javascript to copy the selected color into the <select> tag.

Of course, this would only work on drop-down selectors that offer choices of named colors, and any other drop-down selector that offers non-color-based choices might produce strange effects.

Thanks bsmither. The image below will make more sense on what I am would like to achieve.  Probably requires major surgery but might be a good idea for a plugin.

color-swatch-screen.jpg.3340187b71f11034ad354914bcb1142f.jpg

The trick with this is to identify somehow that this option choice type should be shown as a collection of colored squares.

We currently have nine option choice types, and are listed in /classes/catalogue.class.php, lines 36-44.

I agree that a collection of radio buttons can be CSS reconfigured to show as a set of colored boxes.

This one can be simplified:
https://codepen.io/nikkipantony/pen/wpPGZp

Or this one:
https://codepen.io/rauldronca/pen/EWLeMz

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! By the way, over the past year I have tried just about ALL of the carts out there and I am back to cubecart. 👍