Cannot delete images

dianepep

I am receiving an error stating cubecart cannot create thumbnail from my image file because of memory problems, so I have optimized my images and am trying to delete my old image files but there is no delete option. I deleted them in ftp but they still show in cubecart under my product. Am I missing the option to delete them somewhere and how can I get rid of them? I hope someone can help me. I read a few threads about similar issues but they were not exactly the same as my problem. 

In admin, (File Manager section) Images, the list of images should only contain images that still actually exist.

You can try now clicking on the Update File List tab. This will remove from the database (from the CubeCart_filemanager table) records where the image was supposed to be but wasn't.

Now, this leaves CubeCart in a pickle. There is another database table that glues the Inventory product_id with the File Manager image_id. With the image_id no longer valid, what will CubeCart do about it?

You might need to open for editing and saving, one at a time, all products that you know you deleted an image for.

23 hours ago, bsmither said:

In admin, (File Manager section) Images, the list of images should only contain images that still actually exist.

You can try now clicking on the Update File List tab. This will remove from the database (from the CubeCart_filemanager table) records where the image was supposed to be but wasn't.

Now, this leaves CubeCart in a pickle. There is another database table that glues the Inventory product_id with the File Manager image_id. With the image_id no longer valid, what will CubeCart do about it?

You might need to open for editing and saving, one at a time, all products that you know you deleted an image for.

Thank you! I was able to delete them through the file manager. I don't know how i missed that section but never saw it before. I was going into each product to try to delete the images. They deleted fine so hopefully I didn't screw anything up by deleting them through ftp. Luckily I only have one product in my store so I opened and saved that and all looks good! Thanks again!

Archived