No products show on main page

dianepep

I've got one more issue I can't figure out and have been trying to for days. I don't want to have any categories as I'm only selling two products. When i go to my home page no products show. If I turn on featured products and latest products they will show under those headings but I don't want them as that. I actually am going to remove the category bar completely once i figure out how to get my products to show on the front page. Preferably I would like to have them display on the front page the way they look when under a category.

In templates/box.navigation.php I see it calls      <li class="toggle-topbar left"><a href="">{$LANG.navigation.title} <svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-caret-down"></use></svg></a></li>  but I don't know what is in #icon-caret-down or #icon-home and don't know how to follow the logic. 

Does anyone know why they are not showing and how i can correct it?  If you want to look at the site it's www.aprils-choice.com Thanks in advance for any help!

5 hours ago, bsmither said:

Currently, are the categories these products are assigned to "hidden" or "disabled"?

I didn't assign them to any categories and made no categories. Actually I did have one category I created and assigned them to but I don't like the main page where you just have the category bar and have to click on it to show products so I deleted the category and unassigned it from the two products. I would like to see the page that comes up after you click on a category, showing the products, as the main page. I think it looks weird not showing any products and just a category bar on the main page. I was hoping if you didn't have a category that it would automatically just show the products but I guess not. I'm hoping it's not something too difficult to do.   Thanks again for your help!

Having to click a category to view products in that category suggests that these products do not have the "Include in latest products" checkbox selected (product General tab). The Homepage shows Latest Products.

Also, a product must be assigned to a category.

Deleting the Navigation header bar will work fine.

7 hours ago, bsmither said:

Having to click a category to view products in that category suggests that these products do not have the "Include in latest products" checkbox selected (product General tab). The Homepage shows Latest Products.

Also, a product must be assigned to a category.

Deleting the Navigation header bar will work fine.

Thank you again. I had removed the navigation bar, but I inadvertently also removed some of the code to show latest products so they were not showing. I undid my changes and brought the navigation bar back and added a category to assign the products to and chose to show them as latest and it now looks how I want it to look except I don't like the way the navigation bar looks but I will make sure to change the code to just remove the bar from showing, not extra logic. At some point I would like to follow the code where it chooses which category to show and completely remove the need to have categories but that is for the future. I am happy for now to have the products show.  Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am still having problems with this issue. I have to make my products 'featured' in order for them to show even though I have them assigned to a category. The problem arises when my site is being viewed on mobile because the coding does not allow for showing featured or latest products on mobile so no products show on mobile. Any suggestions on how to correct this would be great!  Thanks. 

Latest Products will show when the skin is being seen on a mobile device (screen width approx 640 pixels or narrower). So perhaps we should focus on why Latest Products isn't showing.

1. In admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Show Latest Products on Homepage": Yes
2. In admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Number of Latest Products to display": 9
Save Settings
3. In admin, Products, edit a product. General tab, "Include in Latest Products": box is checked
Save Settings, Clear the Cache

Assuming the template content.hompage.php has not been corrupted, the products should show.

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

Latest Products will show when the skin is being seen on a mobile device (screen width approx 640 pixels or narrower). So perhaps we should focus on why Latest Products isn't showing.

1. In admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Show Latest Products on Homepage": Yes
2. In admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Number of Latest Products to display": 9
Save Settings
3. In admin, Products, edit a product. General tab, "Include in Latest Products": box is checked
Save Settings, Clear the Cache

Assuming the template content.hompage.php has not been corrupted, the products should show.

Oh, I wasn't using Latest products because I just wanted all the products to show without a tag "Latest Products" so I never even tried using that. lol. So I turned it on and it does work and does show on mobile. I didn't think latest products would show on mobile. Thanks! It's good enough but I don't quite like how far down the page it is and it's not centered, do you happen to know the file where that code is located? I see box.featured.php and box.popular.php, etc but have not found where latest products are programmed.  I thought the developer tools would show where certain code is located, not just what styles are applied but I don't see where it shows that. Thanks again!

Archived