bulk images upload

Hi,

How do I upload bulk product images with bulk product information upload (I have 2 files, one is product images file and one is products information in CSV format).

• 6 months later...

I have this issue, as well. I attempted to upload all 66gb of images directly with filezilla, however, they aren't showing in cubecart's file manager.  If I upload them via the file manager they work but there are far too many to upload at once, as it crashes chrome. Im using CC version 6 on a Pop OS linux. Any incite would be greatly appreciated :-)

Welcome DeAllen! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Make a backup of your database, first. I suggest this because I haven't yet verified the following procedure works without any issues.

In admin, Images, after having FTP'd all the images to the /images/source/ folder (distributing them to sub-folders as needed), click the Update File List tab.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:01 PM, bsmither said:

Welcome DeAllen! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Make a backup of your database, first. I suggest this because I haven't yet verified the following procedure works without any issues.

In admin, Images, after having FTP'd all the images to the /images/source/ folder (distributing them to sub-folders as needed), click the Update File List tab.

Thank you, 

I have another quick question. The csv file that lists all of my products, and their information, also contains image links to a cdn server but the images don't show. Is that just a limitation of CC or is this something that Im doing incorrectly?

As is currently coded, CubeCart must have the images under its own management.

However, because CubeCart is 100% human readable and can be changed to do whatever, it is not beyond some effort to make some small changes to the skin templates to make image links point to the CDN - assuming the filenames are using a calculable syntax.

That is, "CDN_address/images/product_code.jpg", where product_code is exactly the same as what CubeCart has.

Archived