Buy 1 get 1 free

peterp

Hi All,

I have a client that wishes to be able to reward customers or make an offer to them that is that they buy a nominated product/products and they get a similar product for free, they also want the ability to say that if the customer buys a particular product then a nominated gift is added to the order free of charge. They are also requesting that if they buy a nominated product/products then they get the same product for a nominated discount.

I have looked through the extensions and I don't seem to be able to find a plugin that will do this, can anybody suggest to me where or of if somebody as done a similar process.

My client is using ver 6 of cubecart and the Mican skin template.

I appreciate any input and possibly point me in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Al,

This is not a qty pricing the client wants to use this as a promotion and does apply to qty ordered. It simply is a promotion such as 'new arrival prom otion buy 1 and get a different product or even the same product for free, so I don't see this as qty pricing, if I'm wrong please explain how I would achieve this

Regards,

Peterp

I had thought of the same approach, but it wouldn't work unless the promoted items could have quantity pricing on the same promotional "category" - solving the "similar item" requirement.

But quantity/price for "Two for one - limit two total" would be:

1: 10.00
2: 5.00

There would be a limit of two items of this product in the basket. Adding the second won't be automatic (but who would pass up a freebie).

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the feed back however the promotion is not qty based and it will have to be able to automatically add the reward product to the order whether it is a buy1 get 2 promotion or buy a product get a promotional gift. I believe that qty pricing relies on the customer selecting the qty that provides the discount whereas what my client requires is that the promotion is applied irrespective whether they pick 1 or 10 of the promoted product they will only get 1 promotional gift or product automatically added to  the order for free.

I hope this explains what my client wants his store to do, and I'm aware that cubecart may not do this but what changes can I make to achieve this or is there somebody already done this or is there a plugin or extension that will achieve this result.

I'm also aware that I may have to get somebody to modify the programs for me as I'm by no means a HTML/php expert.

Thankyou for your help and suggestions.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

I have reviewed the suggested website and yes this extension addresses the following:

Buy product 1 and get product 2 for free or at a discount rate.

Buy product 1 and get a free promotional product (as long as the promotional product is in the inventory)

However if you wish to have buy product 1 and get product 1 either discounted or for free then the only way I can see this would be possible would be to have product 1 cloned in the inventory as the add-ons plugin does not allow for a product the be added to itself.

I agree the limit to 1 must be enforced.

My client is not that computer literate so I'm not sure whether he will be able to appreciate how this all works however we will give it a go and see what eventuates.

Thanks again for your valued suggestions.

Best Regards,

peterp

Archived