No guest checkout option

dianepep

I use paypal checkout on my site and when I try to checkout, only the option for paypal is there. There is no option for guest checkocut using credit card. I called paypal thinking it was an issue on their end but they checked into it and said it is something with cubecart but I forget what they said it was. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it? I have been working hard on this trying to get it ready for black friday but am worried if no one can buy using a credit card that is going to harm my sales. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Purchasing as a "guest" is a core capability of CubeCart.

A visitor does not need to create an account, nor to log in anywhere. During the checkout sequence, not being logged in, CubeCart presents the customer with a complete Billing/Delivery Address set of form fields. There is also a checkbox that asks if the customer wants to create an account with your store.

If the checkbox is unchecked, the password fields disappear and making the side-trip to completing store registration does not happen.

Using PayPal will send the customer to PayPal's secure site to make the transaction. The customer has the ability to pay by card or from their own personal PayPal account (or so I believe).

Other store owners have manually added a credit card graphic to their skin to indicate that PayPal will take credit cards.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Purchasing as a "guest" is a core capability of CubeCart.

A visitor does not need to create an account, nor to log in anywhere. During the checkout sequence, not being logged in, CubeCart presents the customer with a complete Billing/Delivery Address set of form fields. There is also a checkbox that asks if the customer wants to create an account with your store.

If the checkbox is unchecked, the password fields disappear and making the side-trip to completing store registration does not happen.

Using PayPal will send the customer to PayPal's secure site to make the transaction. The customer has the ability to pay by card or from their own personal PayPal account (or so I believe).

Other store owners have manually added a credit card graphic to their skin to indicate that PayPal will take credit cards.

Thanks for your reply and help. I thought paypal checkout was supposed to give my site the ability to offer the customer both an option to checkout using paypal and another option to checkout with credit cards and not have to create a paypal account. This quote from their site "Can I accept credit and debit cards with Paypal Checkout? Yes, when customers initiate the check out process they’ll have the option to pay with a debit or credit card – even if they don't have a PayPal account." I assumed that meant they did not need to create an account with paypal but the only option at checkout I see is paypal and when I click on that it forces me to sign in or create an account. 

* I am getting the option for guest checkout now! I've spent almost 20 hours trying to figure this out because paypal told me it was in my program logic but I had a code off in the extension settings. Thanks again for your help!

Archived