product images height stretched on mobile

dianepep

Hopefully this is my last issue with the site. I added images to my description of my product by adding them in my html of the page. I do not like the way the images show on the website when I check them to show as thumbnails that must be clicked on so I placed them before my text description of my product. The problem I am having is that the images are not showing correct scale on mobile. The width looks fine but the height is stretched.  I have this code in my main.php 

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />

but I'm assuming that works for images that were added and checked to show through the admin panel images option, not for images added in html on the page description. I do have size tags added to the html to have the images show correctly. 

Anyone have any ideas how I can correct this? Thanks ahead of time. I'm hoping to get his site up and running by black friday but I'm cutting it close because I still have quite a bit to do. 

Let's do a couple of things:

1. Remove the hard-coded height and width specs from the images in the product description.

2. Add to cubecart.default.css, the following:

#product_info img { max-width: 100%; }

Clear the cache.

Even though there is a CSS spec on the element, which takes priority, and would expect the image to be wider than the viewport (requiring a horizontal scroll), sometimes that just doesn't happen. Thus, the width will be reduced to fit the viewport. In my experiments, that was 75% (max) of the width of the image's container. This 75% is a standard Foundation styling.

The height is a different matter. The height will be as high as the CSS spec.

Thus stretched images.

By removing hard-coded dimensions, the browser is free to keep the width/height ratio - reducing width and height equally. Then, we are overruling Foundation's max-sizing of images located specifically in the product description.

6 hours ago, bsmither said:

Let's do a couple of things:

1. Remove the hard-coded height and width specs from the images in the product description.

2. Add to cubecart.default.css, the following:

#product_info img { max-width: 100%; }

Clear the cache.

Even though there is a CSS spec on the element, which takes priority, and would expect the image to be wider than the viewport (requiring a horizontal scroll), sometimes that just doesn't happen. Thus, the width will be reduced to fit the viewport. In my experiments, that was 75% (max) of the width of the image's container. This 75% is a standard Foundation styling.

The height is a different matter. The height will be as high as the CSS spec.

Thus stretched images.

By removing hard-coded dimensions, the browser is free to keep the width/height ratio - reducing width and height equally. Then, we are overruling Foundation's max-sizing of images located specifically in the product description.

That worked perfectly! You are the best! Thank you so much. I researched viewport but could not find much about it. I'm really happy with how my store turned out and it took so little time, thanks to you of course. I am really enjoying learning the package also. It's fun putting this together. Now I'm happy with the layout, I just have to tweak some other things like email templates and then test it. 

p.s. If you would like a free roller/massager I would love to send you one as a thank you for all the help you have given me. If you don't want it for yourself you could always use it as a gift. Just go on the site and take a look at them and let me know which one you would like and email me. Now I'm realizing I should check to see if there is a contact me button on the site. I hope I remember to look for that. If not, my email is [email protected](If you're not allowed to accept gifts then just email me and we will keep it quiet.

Archived