moving cubecart 4.4.5 to a new subdomain

denisb

this is a grassroots installation as recommended by Al. 

1> created a new data base and subdomain.

2. downloaded c4.4.5 which is what I have been using for years. ( a fresh down load from the cubecart site)

3. uploaded it to my subdomain and installed it  andshop.eurekafarm.net/setup

4. went through the installation steps and at step 4 it bombed out. Tried many times with different combos but can't ge tit to work. error message: 

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'fred'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/eurekafa/public_html/andshop/classes/db/db.php on line 37
Access denied for user 'fred'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

obviously won't let me into my mysql set up. I have tried many ways including the full id eurekafa_fred and eurekafa_cc2 but this doesn't help. Others have said the same thing in the forum and some manage to get it sorted out but as I understand it not sure why.

can anyone help. the program I love but installation is always difficult. 

after I get the c4.4.5 working I would overlayit with cubecart 6.2.8 after removing images and includes I think that's what Al says. But can't do anymore until this works.

Hi

The problem with connecting to the database will be because one, two or all three of your database name, username and password are incorrectly entered in the global.inc.php

4 hours ago, denisb said:

after I get the c4.4.5 working I would overlayit with cubecart 6.2.8 after removing images and includes I think that's what Al says. But can't do anymore until this works.

There is no need to install V4 if you intend to upgrade straight to V6 but you do still need to sort out the database access.  You also need to delete everything except the images directory and includes/global.inc.php - not the other way around

Ian

Archived