Customer last log-in date

lyndsiesal

Is there a way to see when the last time a customer logged in was?  My database is 10+ years old and I've managed to delete customer accounts who had 0 orders and were older than 1 year but I'm still left with nearly 80K customer accounts.  I think it would be great if I could reduce my database further by deleting customer accounts who have not logged in in the past 5 years or so.  My database lags so badly that I can't view statistics or do any type of exports and I'd really like to start exploring ways to pare it down.  

Not that I'm aware of.

That many database records is a pittance for the power of MySQL. We can also assume your hosting environment equipment isn't that old.

Others on the forum will suggest that the database seems to be in need of proper indexing.

My store is a download store so the orders and download records are in the millions.  I switched from an older dedicated server to a new VPS about a year ago, hoping for some improvement but no luck.  The other thing I'd like to try to do is find a way to identify and delete possible orphaned download and order records.  Maybe the database is getting stuck looking for something that might not be there?  I just don't know.  

My downloads table has 1,299,799 records and order inventory is at 1,300,401.  I don't know if that discrepancy is significant or not but they should match considering everything I sell is a download, right?  

That is certainly a larger number of records than most but as Brian said, tables with millions of records should not ever be an issue if the tables are indexed correctly - with unique indexes and correctly written queries, finding one record from a thousand records would only be marginally quicker than find the same one from ten million records

• 3 weeks later...

We would ask, in what context?

Here is some technical documentation:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/optimization-indexes.html

With respect to what CubeCart recommends, there is a list that is used in admin, Maintenance, Database tab  -- the list is found in the admin file /sources/maintenance.index.inc.php, starting at around line 557.

Archived