Need Advice for a Cheap Host for my Church's website

Dirty Butter

I need recommendations for a cheap but easy to use host for our church. I'm thinking a simple Wordpress site would work. A place for news, calendar of coming events, and a PayPal donation button for contributions. Some events, such as Vacation Bible School and the children's Christmas play will involve videos and lots of photos, but it would mostly be text with occasional images. It will probably not receive much traffic, as our church already has a Facebook page with live coverage of part of our services and announcement of events.

The whole process needs to be simple enough to manage so that someone who is not particularly computer saavy could handle it after I get it all set up.

@Dirty Butter drop us a support ticket via your account - we offer cheap (and in many cases free) "Standard" hosting plans for charities and non-profits which is perfect for small WordPress websites and as you are already a hosting customer, would be happy to offer that for free for you - see https://www.havenswift-hosting.co.uk/website-hosting/charity-non-profit-hosting/

Thank you Havenswift! That will help our little church's budget considerably!!!

Bsmither, I really can't answer that, as I was just asked to set one up. We've had an online presence through one of those template sites that is designed for churches, but it was expensive. The person who set that up years ago didn't realize how easy it would have been to accomplish the same thing with Wordpress and free plugins. Now our budget is strained and they asked me for help.

I want to publicly THANK @havenswift-hosting for helping our little church with a FREE hosting account!

Many years ago I used a series of various hosting companies and ended up leaving every one of them, one after the other, because they were absolutely no help at all if I had any problems - whether the problem was their fault or mine.

Ian has time after time gone out of his way to help me with any problems I've had with our CubeCart install over the years. Most of those issues were of my own making, but he has always been super patient and prompt to respond and find a solution.

THANK YOU IAN!!!

Thank you @Dirty Butter and very happy to help out with the hosting - try to offer free or very cheap Hosting where we can for charities or non profits and especially happy to help out for good clients !

Happy Christmas and New Year to you and your family and also to everyone else on these forums

Ian

Archived