PayPal IPN failure

Jimboharris21

Hi guys. 

So I know its came up a few times over the years but I'm struggling with the ipn.

Using PayPal checkout 1.2.6 in express checkout with smart button. All payments work

Cubecart v6.2.8

Ipn url http://www.store.co.uk/index.php?_g=rm&type=plugins&cmd=call&module=PayPal_Pro (without &amp issue) set to "on" in paypal settings.

Csrf is turned on, if i turn it off i cannot checkout, subscribe or register.

Transaction logs all show no data received , I've tried resending from PayPal. Nothing

"Test endpoint" shows 'success' and log shows

Request Sent (cURL) - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr 0=null&1=1
Response received (302 - Found)

Literally pulling my hair out.

Help. Please.

This issue in the Github may be relevant: https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2428

I see in the PP_Pro module that the Call request is made to either 'ipnpb.sandbox.paypal.com' (module in test mode) or 'ipnpb.paypal.com' (module in active mode).

However, like the Standard module discussed in the issue, I see the same in this module - that is, the tool to test connectivity (on the module's admin settings screen) is using a web address that returns a 302 bounce.

In admin, Request log, do you see an entry being made to 'ipnpb.paypal.com'? If not, then CubeCart is not receiving the IPN notice from PayPal.

At PayPal, there is a merchant account control panel (I guess) that should indicate if IPNs were not acknowledged. That is, if they were sent.

Good.

We now need to discern why PayPal is saying the Callback is invalid. The 200-OK is saying that CubeCart knows PayPal got the Callback request.

In admin, Transaction Logs, click on a transaction that is having problems. The transaction notes should simply say "Unspecified error."

Does your merchant account panel at Paypal give any clue as to why PayPal did not like the info sent back?

Well, that was a stupid question. We know the IPN protocol is enabled.

A short Internet search gives this (courtesy FAQs at Zen Cart):

Situation

My store is set up to use PayPal Payments Standard to receive payments from customers.
I want to allow my customers to pay via Credit Card without having to create a PayPal account.
However, some customers are not given this option, and are required to create a PayPal account before they can complete a checkout.

Cause/Solution

PayPal has an "Account Optional" setting in your PayPal account Profile, under Payment Receiving Preferences.  Ensure that it is on.

However, note that the PayPal account optional is not available for all locations, some locations (or countries, including China) are required by PayPal to have a PayPal account before making a transaction. In this same regard, if the IP address of the buyer is determined by the system to be at a location where the PayPal account optional is not available, they will be required to create a PayPal account.

Comments

Note that the PayPal Express Checkout product technically does not allow the option to make payment without having a PayPal account (although many  sites do have success with this option due to special concessions granted by PayPal to the software publisher). PayPal has always intended that Express Checkout be offered in addition to other payment choices such as a credit card gateway, and that adding Express is a way to allow PayPal members a very quick and easy way to pay using their PayPal account.

The PayPal Payments Pro product (which you must pay a monthly fee to PayPal to use, and is only available to US, UK, and Canadian merchants) adds the ability to accept Credit Card payments directly on your website without the customer even knowing that they are being processed by PayPal.  Contact your PayPal representative for information and to sign up for this service.

So, does any of that seem to be applicable to your store and/or customer for this transaction?

Sorry for the late reply, in my PayPal account I have the "account optional" option. I have set this to allow non accounts. I only accept payments from UK, as I only ship to UK. I know when I started with PayPal I had to speak to our account manager a few times due to the value of the items I sell. But can't imagine its the issue. 

The 'not available' text is in the admin panels transaction logs.

Sorry for being such a pain.

J

I assume when you say you are resending the IPN, that this action is initiated from your PayPal merchant control panel? If so, then, yes, CubeCart should be running the code found in the PayPal-Pro's module (in the plugins folder), the public function call(). In that function, the request is made and should be logged -- each time.

Can you verify if your site does not have a hard redirect in your .htaccess file or in your hosting account's control panel site configuration page. (For example, all requests for http are always redirected to https.)

The IPN web address being received does include the www, so this possibility should not be the cause. Thanks for checking. (I have seen a few instances where a redirect will have lost the POST payload.)

Also, if possible, download your raw access logs from your hosting account's control panel. Unzip them and look at them in a text editor. Use the editor's search function for "paypal" which should find the IPN.

Archived