Default URLs for setting up sales funnels?

romank

Hi, I am trying to put together all the URLs of the CC checkout process to set up URL based sales funnels on Google Analytics - and I am struggling with the final one. I am using a CC5 install, however I reckon the URLs are the same for CC6?

This is what I got so far:

• Basket for guests: /?_a=basket
  • Basket for signed in customers: /?_a=confirm
  • Payment gateway selection: /?_a=gateway

However for the final step, I cant tell if its /?_a=complete or /?_a=receipt&cart_order_id=...

I see both in my logs and I cant tell what the difference is and if the same customers lands on both of these no matter the payment method they use?

Thanks a lot in advance.

A clue can be found in the code file /classes/cubecart.class.php, at the function _checkoutProcess().

Here, we see that the first state is either "0' - basket, or '1' - confirm, depending whether the customer is a guest and has yet to indicate they want to register, or they are registered or have confirmed they want to register.

The third state is when they are checking out through a gateway.

The fourth state is when the transaction has been completed (as far as CubeCart is concerned).

The screen that is displayed when the customer is at 'complete' is from the template content.receipt.php which has a link that has '_a=receipt' in it so that the customer can print a plain-looking detail page of that order.

Thank you for clearing it up for me, every time I have a problem with CC, I hope you will be the one to answer!

Here is an example of a line where complete isnt the first param in the URL:

GET /?cart_order_id=200109-094542-7585&crypt=@[...very long string here...]&_a=complete HTTP/1.1

Referer: https://live.sagepay.com/gateway/service/authorisation

But like I said, its an early CC5 version and heavily modded on top of it.

Ah... the referer is SagePay - which I suppose is free to structure the querystring in any way it wishes.

In CC5, there is an administrative option to have 'standard' (now, legacy) URL formats get 301 bounced to SEO-friendly formats. In CC6, this always happens - no choice.

The standard format requires _a=verb (the 'action' verb) to be first.

So, as long as CC gets a URL that does not need to be 301 bounce/converted, nothing to be concerned about.

Archived