Wierd stuff going on

Claudia M

I just posted this to another topic but thought I should start a new one.

I just got a registered customer with the same three letter first and last name in all caps from singapore.  What is your trap Brian?

I know this won't make sense and I've been told in the past this is not possible but it has happened again.  I went to look at my webstore this morning and it was showing and old skin that I still have uploaded. I DID NOT CHANGE THE SETTINGS IN ADMIN. Also, in checking my email log the above customer had used the contact form and sent it to the following departments:  General Inquiry - International Shipping Quote - Questions about a product.   I have long ago deleted those email accounts and moved all emails sent from the contact form to sales@blah blah.  In looking at the store settings  these old email addresses are showing which I  had changed all of them to sales@blahblah. I still have the departments.

I don't know if the two are connected but I'd like to figure out what is going on.

The trap looks for (in addition to the registration form being used) the LAST letter being uppercase (not giving any consideration to the other letters) and the same letter for both first and last names.

The admin cannot disable a skin. If the name of an installed skin is known, a URL can be constructed to have that session (based on cookies) switch to it. This can happen even if the admin, in Store Settings, Layout tab, 'Allow skin to be changed', has been set  to "Yes, Logged-in admin only".

However, this is session-based. I cannot conceive of how a drive-by visitor can change the skin across all sessions.

You said you did not change the skin setting? But was the setting actually changed?

And, you also say Contact Us settings have reverted to what they were at some point in time in the past?

I would ask if your hosting provider restored some of your database from a backup.

Are the obsolete email addresses in the Contact Us admin settings form still showing as the obsolete ones?

If so, use phpMyAdmin (or similar) to examine the database table CubeCart_config. Find the row for Contact_Form. Have phpMyAdmin decode the 'array' value. Are the emails shown here the same obsolete ones?

Archived