Digital Downloads Pending.

navimaps4u

Here I am again! When a digital download is sold on my site it stays in pending until I manually change it to complete,after that is done it sends emails with download link.

How can this be made to automate and go to completed status on payment so the person gets the download link straight away?

Thanks for your quick response, I am using paypal standard.

Further to my earlier question, I have been working on this issue and now it seems that if a Download product and a Tangible product is ordered on the same order, then it does not send the emails and the download link.

What can I do to resolve this?

1 hour ago, Al Brookbanks said:

Which payment gateway do you use?

Paypal standard

Thanks Al, ok I have changed from paypal standard to paypal-commerce as recommended by you and tested it live with purchase of a digital product and a tangible item and all was well, so thanks I hope it has solved the problem.

Lets see what feed back I get from customers.

Thanks once again.

I had to change back to paypal standard, as I was getting complaints that at checkout it was not taking customers to paypal to finalise payment so as I was no too sure how to solve the issue quickly I had to revert back to the old gateway.

Also when setting up paypal commerce there is a pop up asking if you want to disconnect from paypal, what does that mean?

and do you need to keep both the paypal standard and the paypal commerce enabled or only the paypal commerce?

You really need more information on how to set up paypal commerce. The help about this page has no information whatsoever.

When you enable PayPal commerce any other old PayPal integration will be disabled automatically so there is nothing else to do. It's literally as simple as that. 

There should be no message about disconnecting unless you accidentally hit the disconnect button.

We have quite a lot of merchants using this now with really positive feedback. I'm not sure what isn't working for you. It's not supposed to redirect you to PayPal. It all stays within your website. 

17 hours ago, Al Brookbanks said:

When you enable PayPal commerce any other old PayPal integration will be disabled automatically so there is nothing else to do. It's literally as simple as that. 

There should be no message about disconnecting unless you accidentally hit the disconnect button.

We have quite a lot of merchants using this now with really positive feedback. I'm not sure what isn't working for you. It's not supposed to redirect you to PayPal. It all stays within your website. 

Hi Al, thanks for your response , I had another look at it, but it doesn't disable automatically I don't know what I am doing wrong but I had to un check the paypal standard, also if you look at the attached you will see that on the page it comes up in red asking if you want to disconnect paypal.IMG_2255.JPG.bae5249cf1d907f23742fc39079adc5b.JPG

Archived