Changing from PHP 5.6 to 7.2

shaununouk

I am looking to change my PHP 5.6 upto 7.2 on my website, Looking for some advice on how difficult this is. I am planning on doing this soon and have this procedure in mind or do I not have to reinstall cart software?

Backed my shop up!

Switch shop off for customers,
Untick all extension modules so off
Upload 7.2 extension mods x 2 I know that are required.
Upload latest shop download again

Change from 5.6 to 7.2 on Cpanel server software
Reinstall shop / setup

should say already on latest 6.2.8

see what happens!

Thanks for reply, No idea what the difference is between 7.2, 7.3, or 7.4 as not very technical with it all, just trying to get shop up to the latest minimum standards required to keep things running sweet.

Just was not sure how difficult a job this was. So thanks, I will give this a go tomorrow morning.

You should go for 7.3 rather than 7.2 - while 7.4 was released a while ago, it isnt distributed with standard cPanel yet (only with Cloudlinux at the moment) and if you have ionCube encoded plugins, then you cant even use 7.4 on CL as the 7.4 loaders havent been released yet !

No need to disable plugins and certainly no need to upload / reinstall the core CubeCart files again - simple two step process at most

If you have ioncube encoded plugins, upload the 7.3 versions of those

Change the PHP version via cPanel to 7.3

Thanks for all the replies and advice, I followed the simpler two step process but have the following error

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

Is this something that server company needs to do?

Archived