SOLVED [DEPRECIATED PLUGIN] Error: cpp-header-back-color value exceeds maximum allowable length.

cubicsquare

Hi there, 2 checkout queries:

Until now, my only problem was that l was trying to pay using the PayPal account of the site owner (= myself). So my transaction was declined.

I came back today after a long break, and got my sister to do the transaction, but now there's a new error message when l select to "Checkout with PayPal":

The following errors were detected:

Error: cpp-header-back-color value exceeds maximum allowable length. Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

(Actually, white font on red background).

What's the difference between the "Secure Checkout" button and the "Checkout with PayPal" button? It will confuse my customers and make them think PayPal is other than a secure option.

No. Don't delete it. Disabling it would have stopped any effect it would have had, if any.

I don't recognize that error as one CubeCart would generate. Perhaps the PayPal module?

"What's the difference between the "Secure Checkout" button and the "Checkout with PayPal" button?"

I do not that much about the PayPal module. I would think that the module offers to take the customer to PayPal's site (Secure), or displays a window locally fetched from PayPal.

This site lists error messages from the gateway module:
https://helpcenter.volusion.com/en/articles/424780-error-troubleshooting-for-the-paypal-pro-gateway

Error 10437 is close to your error.

I am guessing that the module can send details of what the CPP (don't know - maybe a payment control panel) should look like.

OK i've just deleted your "inventory_time" module before reading your response, and l still get the error message so yes i think it's a paypal module fault.

I had actually seen a link like the one you just gave for the error message and yep it's as vague as the error message, basically saying "Something went wrong, look it up".

I'm on a hosted WP account FWIW.

Regarding offering a Secure *and* PayPal button that really needs to be explained to visitors. It means nothing to techies but may cause a customer's credit card to retract back into purse.

Update: Stripe seems to be working. It is likely to be a PayPal module issue as you suggested.

Hi, l think l need to grant CubeCart API permission in PayPal.

Please may l ask your "Third Party Permission Username" in order to do this?

I am going via PayPal > Settings > Account Settings > API Access > Update > PayPal API > Grant API permission OR Manage API permission  (either way, CubeCart isn't listed there).

UPDATE: It doesn't matter as l've already configured PayPal to accept payments from uncredentialled (with regard to API access) carts.

So l really don't know what the issue with PayPal is.

UPDATE: Solved.

It seems l was using a depreciated version and nobody told me.

The version that doesn't work: PayPal Checkout

The version that DOES work (just installed now): PayPal Commerce Platform

The new plugin also solved the confusing display of PayPal button AND Secure Checkout button.

NOW what l see is: Select Stripe OR PayPal

THEN go to Secure Checkout

It makes much more sense now.

Archived