shipping methods

SBK

I keep getting this message..

The following errors were detected:

• Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

I have the USPS shipping module installed.. why am I getting this?

for the "allowed zones", I have United States.

I have "retail ground" selected

I have the item weighing in at .5 pounds.

We ask that you verify that you have USPS's permission to use their shipping calculator. To use their calculator, you need to apply for a shipper's account.

They will send an email with the appropriate credentials. After a few tests, you send an email back asking them to move your account to "production" status.

In admin, Request Log, you should see the request made to USPS and the result.

The result may say something like "You do not have an account with us."

If you do have a USPS shipper's account to access the shipping calculator, then the result should indicate why USPS did not offer a shipping method that corresponds with the methods you chose to ship with.

In your site's installation of CubeCart, log in to the administration side of the store.

In the left pane Navigation panel, click the link for the Request Log.

If CubeCart made a request to USPS, it will be logged here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Just to throw this out since I just got this working, in order to use the USPS module, you need to go to this link first:

https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/welcome.htm

And click on "Register Now"

Fill out the registration form from USPS, and you'll be emailed your credentials. The email will have this near the top:

For Company:  Your Company
Your Username is 123YOURC4567
Your Password is 600FS54AZ512

The Username you enter into the USPS shipping module is 123YOURC4567 (or whatever your email indicates). You won't need the password.

Archived