All reviews not showing on mobile

dianepep

I'm having an issue on Foundation skin. Only the first page of reviews are being shown on mobile with no option to click to go to the next page. On laptop and desktop it shows all the pages of reviews. This issue is just with mobile and I've tested several mobiles and so far all I have tested are missing the extra pages of reviews. Can anyone send me in the right direction to try to correct this? Thanks!

If your skin has the template element.paginate.php, make this edit:

Near line 12, find:

<ul class="pagination hide-for-small-only" id="element-paginate">

Change to:

<ul class="pagination" id="element-paginate">

Have CubeCart clear it's internal cache.

On 3/9/2020 at 12:50 AM, bsmither said:

Near line 12, find:

Change to:

That worked perfectly. Now all reviews are showing on mobile. Thank you again for your help!

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, bsmither said:

Near line 12, find:

Change to:

That worked, thanks so much!v

• 1 month later...

I am having a different, but seemingly similar problem. On the mobile version, the Short Description does not show at all. If I make the change you have here, will it allow for the Short Description to show on mobile devices? Separately, is there a way to allow for the top section of the Category Page to show on mobile devices? Thanks in advance!

Untitled-2.jpg

Practically speaking, viewing content on a device with a small screen means one must be extraordinarily judicious at what data gets displayed and the layout (positioning) of that data.

It is absolutely possible to display whatever you want to have displayed. So, we can assume you've thought this through and visualized that the category descriptive text (if there is a lot of it) might shove the product listing off the page. And other consequences.

Let us know what skin you are using so some pertinent advice can be posted.

Thank you. Great point! I am not so much interested in the category descriptions showing (and after your comments, I'm certain that's probably not the greatest idea), but having the small description show in the mobile view is what I really need to do. Our end customers are not able to tell the difference between some products without it showing. For example in the picture I posted previously, they can't tell what size rod ends they are looking at until they click through to the product page. This would be extremely tedious when looking for a specific part. I've considered having more information in the title, but then the duplication looks a bit silly on the desktop version. 

If you are using a skin derived from Foundation, then there should not be necessary a separate skin devoted to the small screen ("mobile").

Working with the template content.category.php, find two blocks of code, each one starts with one of the following:

<div class="row product_list_view">

<div class="product_grid_view hide">

In product_list_view, you will find it uses {$product.description_short}.

In product_grid_view, find the following and add that Smarty tag as shown:

{*
                     <p class="rating-info">{$product.review_info}</p>
                     *}
                  </div>
                  {/if}
                  {$product.description_short}

Or, you may want to place it just below the product name.

However, in the image posted above, I do not see the control that switches from list view to grid view. So, the above instruction may need to be revised a bit.

It seems that ours uses the mobile skin, and I added that tag like this: 

<h3><a href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}">{$product.name}</a></h3>
    {$product.description_short}

Now it looks great. Thank you for your help!

Archived