All in One Shipping

Claudia M

Hi,

When you add new rates and hit save they are placed at the top of the list.  Anyway they can be placed at the bottom?  Also when I was using this thru Estelle she said the zones have to be in a certain order. Smallest to largest I think.  Does that still hold true?  So if I have a state zone containing Kentucky, indiana and Ohio and a zip code zone for the same, which should I show first?  Do I still have to have the separate zones - state and zip code?

Thanks in advance

Claudia

PS:  Putting the rates at the bottom was the main reason for this post

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 4:47 PM, Claudia M said:

Also when I was using this thru Estelle she said the zones have to be in a certain order. Smallest to largest I think.  Does that still hold true?  So if I have a state zone containing Kentucky, indiana and Ohio and a zip code zone for the same, which should I show first?  Do I still have to have the separate zones - state and zip code?

The defined order does still matter especially in your configuration.  If you have defined a number of zip / postal codes in one shipping zone for example 90201, 90202 and then have a second zone that includes the state of California, then the zip code zone needs to be above the second zone so it is processed first.  This is used a lot for UK businesses that may define a zone for very local postcodes that could be free, another based on postcodes for Scottish Highlands and islands or Isle on Man or Isle of Wight as shipping costs to these are much higher, then might the rest of the UK - teh zones would need to be in that order top to bottom

Ian

Archived