Kez

Hi, I manage a little site using cubecart for my boss.  tinoneeorchids.com
When entering the estore we now get the following message;

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1275): Server is running in --secure-auth mode, but 'tin20440_cube'@'localhost' has a password in the old format; please change the password to the new format in /home/tin20440/public_html/shop/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 33

Warning: mysqli_options(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/tin20440/public_html/shop/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 35

Fatal error: Server is running in --secure-auth mode, but 'tin20440_cube'@'localhost' has a password in the old format; please change the password to the new format in /home/tin20440/public_html/shop/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 38

What is the "new format" for a password & how do I fix this? I know I haven't updated Cubecart recently either.
My knowledge is very limited when it comes to sql's. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Kerrie

Is the site being hosted by a professional hosting company? If so, they will be able to fix the legacy password format issue.

According to info found on a search for this error message, the password hashing algorithm was changed in MySQL 4.1. With "secure auth" mode, that hashing algorithm cannot be used to validate a password. There are configuration settings available in current versions of MySQL (and, by extension, MariaDB) that will permit this older algorithm to validate passwords, or your hosting provider might offer you a way to reset your password in the current format.

Yes it is. They were my first call. They told me I need a website developer???
I told her I wouldn't even know where to find one.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will go back to them and see what they say.

Archived