Multiple bxsliders on the same page

DeniseO

Hi,

I wanted to show a list of brands on my homepage.

Similar to this slider where you can see a few images rotating.

I've been looking around the forum but I couldn't find where I need to create the properties for a second slider.

Would you please help me?

image.png.8fdef90ec5807335888081708f6a3191.png

Welcome DeniseO! Glad to see you made it the forums.

A second slider (and third, fourth, etc) can be coded anywhere - assuming you want them all to behave the same way.

Just use a <ul class="bxslider"> list and you should be good to go.

Please let us know the level of detail you need to implement this.

Hi!  Thanks for your prompt response! 😀

I was actually trying to give it a different look, more like a carousel.  And if possible locate it at the very bottom of my home page.

After the product lists and so.

Can I do that? 

Thanks!

I'm not sure how to get more than one image in the view at once, but to get a different behavior, you would need to give it a different class, then add another call for the function in the Foundation skin template element.js_foot.php using that class identifier.

The <ul> list will need to be added manually at the very end of the Foundation skin template content.homepage.php.

After making edits to a document or skin template, be sure to have CubeCart clear it's internal cache - in order to see the changes.

For example, give the second list a class of bxslider2. Then, make this edit:

In element.js_foot.php, find at the end of the last line:

{/literal}</script>

Add the following just before it:

$('.bxslider2').bxSlider({auto:true,captions:true,minSlides:2,maxSlides:3,slideWidth:400,moveSlides:1,slideMargin:0});

You may need to experiment with some things. I wasn't able to get rid of a thin slice of the image that just moved out of view on the left edge.

The docs for BXSlider are at:
https://bxslider.com/

Archived