Remove “(Refine Estimate)” widget

Robgratt

Hi,

New here so hope I’ve posted in the right place. 
I want to remove the widget in the title. It doesn’t do anything useful for me and may confuse customers. 
I’m using the ‘By Price’ shipping module so our requirements are pretty simple. 

Rob

CubeCart version 6.2.9
Foundation Skin

Welcome Robgratt! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Please look in CubeCart's admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Misc section, "Disable initial shipping & tax estimates". Check this box, Save, and have CubeCart clear its internal cache.

Thanks bsmither for the prompt response.  

I tried as you suggested.

Trouble is, ‘Select your shipping method:’ can be ignored and left as ‘— Please Select —‘ and the user can continue to checkout without having paid any shipping!

Being able to hide the Refine Estimate widget would work better for me. Any ideas?

Thanks again. 

Please check, in the same section, "Allow physical orders even if no shipping options are available". Have this setting's checkbox unchecked.

CubeCart should now disallow not choosing any shipping for tangible orders. Be sure the product has a weight value for it.

However, you say you are using "By Price". Are we to understand that, even with this module enabled, and the field for "Free Shipping for orders over" is completely blank, and there is a number (do not include currency symbols) in Shipping Cost - and possibly Handling Cost - yet this shipping option is not selected by default?

(Depending on the skin), look for the template content.checkout.medium-up.php (and the companion template content.checkout.small.php for phone-sized screens).

For the Foundation skin, near line 67:

Find:

{if $ESTIMATE_SHIPPING}

Change to:

{if false && $ESTIMATE_SHIPPING}

This suppresses the display of the widget -- if all else fails.

Archived