Interac Payment Extension

FrankR

I am trying to set up a CubeCart for a car club so as to be able to sell admission tickets and tee-shirts.  In addition to PayPal, I would like to have the ability to accept Interac payments but there is very little information about how to set this system up.  The club has a bank account and the bank is part of the Interac network but they stated that they only support their own apps.  Interac doesn't appear to have a support page and no-one from Interac has so far contacted me.

I would to know how best to configure the Interac extension's fields:

• Allow bank transfers? [enable/disable]

• Bank Name - presumably the name must be exactly correct

• Account Holders Name - presumably the name must be exactly correct

• e-Payment Email Address:

- presumably only used to notify the receiver of the transaction
  • e-Payment Secret Question ? - presumably supplied so the payer doesn't need to create one

• Answer to Secret e-Payment Question ? - presumably supplied so the payer doesn't need to create one

It appears to me that this module would work similarly in many ways to the bank's mobile app.  I would like to know:

• What does enabling "Allow Bank Transfers" do?

• What is the extension's process for transferring money from the sender to the receiver?
  • Advice about the correct information to place in the above extension fields?

• Do I need to do anything with my bank account to be able to accept these payments?

The ePayments - Interac module looks exactly like the Print Order Form module (although a few versions older and the name changed. (Missed one place.)

Which is to say, a printable form is presented to the customer, the customer prints and fills it out and physically takes it to their bank for a wire transfer (or snail-mail with a check to you, etc).

Nothing is automated about it.

The administrative settings and text entry fields is only to convey to the customer what info to provide for the wire transfer. So, yes, it is important to get your bank name and account number correct. But different than POF, is :secret question/answer?, and an email address.

Undoubtedly, this is information needed by the customer, but what it is from your point-of-view, your bank would need to provide that. (Every bank in the world is extremely busy at the moment. Took 5 days for a wire transfer for me - usually would have happened in 15 minutes.)

This page seems to detail the manual process:
https://www.interac.ca/en/consumers/products/interac-e-transfer/

This is probably a Canada-specific module (www.interac.ca) but if it's a variation the Print Order Form, then it looks like it gives the sender a template for using Interac through his bank account.  We have a car show coming up in June so I don't need to have instantaneous money transfer.  I'd just like to avoid collecting checks and depositing them myself.  I've contacted my bank manager to register for Interac e-Transfer Autodeposit so I don't need to include a secret question & answer.

I completed the fields in this module and after checking out, the invoice shows that information at the bottom so the payer could transfer the money to my bank account via his online account or mobile app.  My store dashboard shows this order as pending.

I tried enabling and disabling the "Allow bank transfers?" checkbox and it didn't seem to make a difference either way.  Any guess as to what purpose it serves?

After making changes in the module's settings, be sure to have CubeCart clear its internal cache.

The "Allow Bank Transfer" setting, when checked, simply causes a paragraph to appear on the printable form - which is exactly the info the customer needs to effect a wire transfer.

And, like the POF, because the money has not actually arrived at the time the order was made, this module does not set the order to Processing, with this phrase appearing in the order's Transaction log:
"Print order form displayed to customer with payment instructions. Do not dispatch until postal payment has been received and cleared."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

(Yesterday, the Marketplace was borked for some time.)

It seems Interac is similar to the Print Order Form module. There is no actual payment made or status change at the time of checking out. That is the responsibility of the store admin to move the order to Processing.

In the module's file /skin/admin/index.tpl:

Find:

<div><label for="secretCode">{$LANG.e_Payments_Interac.bank_secret}</label><span><input type="text" name="module[secretCode]" value="{$MODULE.secretCode}" class="textbox" size="30" /></span></div>
      <div><label for="answerCode">{$LANG.e_Payments_Interac.bank_answer}</label><span><input type="text" name="module[answerCode]" value="{$MODULE.answerCode}" class="textbox" size="30" /></span></div>
    </fieldset>

Change to:

<div><label for="secretCode">{$LANG.e_Payments_Interac.bank_secret}</label><span><input type="text" name="module[secretCode]" value="{$MODULE.secretCode}" class="textbox" size="30" /></span></div>
      <div><label for="answerCode">{$LANG.e_Payments_Interac.bank_answer}</label><span><input type="text" name="module[answerCode]" value="{$MODULE.answerCode}" class="textbox" size="30" /></span></div>
      <div><label for="confirmation_email">{$LANG.e_Payments_Interac.confirmation_email}</label><span><input type="hidden" name="module[confirmation_email]" id="confirmation_email" class="toggle" value="{$MODULE.confirmation_email}" /></span></div>
    </fieldset>

The admin panel is missing the setting to enable a courtesy email of Cart: Order Confirmation. The module's core code has the code to send the email.

Archived