Display the words "Exc.VAT" after the price of each product?

RossF1984

Hi,

Looking for advice on how I would go about changing my cart so that it displays the text Exc. VAT after every price? My cart is set to add VAT on at checkout. I just want customers to be aware that the prices shown do not include VAT.

I was hoping that there would be an option for this within CubeCart but doesn't appear to be the case. I also looked at a third party extension by Noodleman but this just changes the pricing and does not display the text.

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Hi Ross

Your best bet would still be to use that plugin from @Noodleman - the display can be changed to do what you want so that it shows Ex-VAT or Inc-VAT

Unless your website is 100% solely aimed at businesses then displaying prices only Ex-VAT may well land you in trouble with Trading Standards - this was the main reason this plugin was written !  Take a look at how we have implemented it in our Retail Therapy skin on https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk using a toggle switch to choose between the two pricing schemes but that could also be enhanced to show extra wording if you wanted

Ian

I had an idea of a change will make the characters appear everywhere, but it was too much. I added:
 Ext. VAT

as the "Symbol Right" to the currency exchange rate table in admin, Currencies.

But, it was being shown everywhere, including the display of prices that actually had VAT added.

1 hour ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Hi Ross

Your best bet would still be to use that plugin from @Noodleman - the display can be changed to do what you want so that it shows Ex-VAT or Inc-VAT

Unless your website is 100% solely aimed at businesses then displaying prices only Ex-VAT may well land you in trouble with Trading Standards - this was the main reason this plugin was written !  Take a look at how we have implemented it in our Retail Therapy skin on https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk using a toggle switch to choose between the two pricing schemes but that could also be enhanced to show extra wording if you wanted

Ian

I tried the plugin but it didn't show the text Exc. VAT... Can you let me know what options I should set? My cart does add VAT on checkout.

There is no "option" that you can set but you can add coding to your skin to use data made available by the plugin 

7 minutes ago, RossF1984 said:

My cart does add VAT on checkout.

That has nothing at all to do with what I was saying re Trading Standards - they dont like one price being shown on a website and then a different price (due to VAT or any other reason) when consumers come to pay - you cannot do that if you sell to members of the public

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

I had an idea of a change will make the characters appear everywhere, but it was too much. I added:
 Ext. VAT

as the "Symbol Right" to the currency exchange rate table in admin, Currencies.

But, it was being shown everywhere, including the display of prices that actually had VAT added.

Thanks @bsmither I will take a look and see if this is suitable.

6 minutes ago, RossF1984 said:

Thanks @bsmither I will take a look and see if this is suitable.

@bsmither Works exactly how I wanted until you come to checkout....

The phrase is added to the lines that have VAT included annoyingly.

VAT (VAT 20%)                  £0.10 Exc. VAT
Grand Total                         £0.59 Exc. VAT

:(

@havenswift-hosting I have taken your advice and am trying out the module again. Works as required, now that I have looked into it more, apart from one small issue when having products with 'Product Options' applied. The prices including and excluding VAT are visible for a brief second and then revert back to displaying only prices Exc. VAT (As if the module were not installed).

Hoping to get an answer from @Noodleman on this issue.

Thanks,

Ross

• 2 weeks later...

Archived