Local delivery - select delivery day option?

Networq.UK

Hi All,

I've just been creating an online store for one of our web hosting customers and thought I'd try out CC.... have to say I'm impressed!

However... I'd like to be able to get a customer to specify a delivery day when they use our local delivery option. Doesn't need to be more specific than just what day to deliver on. In an ideal world it would be able to work with cut-offs, and have Sundays/Monday disabled (store is closed those days so we don't offer delivery), but that's a long way down the wishlist. Just a clickable calendar would be great!

Many thanks in advance!

Welcome Networq.UK! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I see two options:

1. During checkout, the customer can leave comments. Additional content can be added just above the text entry box asking for when they prefer delivery. (If no response, then deliver at your convenience.)
2. Using the All-in-One-Shipping module, create a shipping zone (named "Local Delivery" based on the postal codes you deliver to) having Rates expressed as Days:AM|PM

17 hours ago, bsmither said:

Welcome Networq.UK! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I see two options:

1. During checkout, the customer can leave comments. Additional content can be added just above the text entry box asking for when they prefer delivery. (If no response, then deliver at your convenience.)
2. Using the All-in-One-Shipping module, create a shipping zone (named "Local Delivery" based on the postal codes you deliver to) having Rates expressed as Days:AM|PM

Hi bsmither,

I did look at the All in one module, however that would mean constantly logging in to add in future dates and delete "expired" dates on that. :(

Ideally wanted it to end up in a specific field in a set format, so that when the order confirmation email is sent through, the date can be prominent to help with sorting deliveries, etc.

Archived