My custom css file will not display after 6.2.9

Claudia M

I have a very custom foundation skin that I use and try to be sure that it is kept up to date with each CubeCart version if files have been changd in the foundation skin.  I just got around to 6.2.9 and now I am in a mess.  It will not accept my custom css file (or my cubecart.css file) unless I turn off cache in admin.  I have tried adding the code to the foundation skin and that works to some extent.

Here are the steps I took in my custom foundation skin.

My custom ccs file:  claudiasbargainsthree.css

element.css

<link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700" rel="stylesheet" type='text/css'>

{assign var=css_input value=[   'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/normalize.css',

'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/foundation.css',

'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/cubecart.css',

'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/cubecart.common.css',

'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/cubecart.helpers.css',

'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/claudiasbargainsthree.css',

'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/jquery.bxslider.css',

'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/jquery.chosen.css']}

{foreach from=$CSS key=css_keys item=css_files}

{$css_input[] = $css_files}

{/foreach}

{if !empty($SKIN_SUBSET)}

{$css_input[] = 'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/cubecart.{$SKIN_SUBSET}.css'}

{/if}

{combine input=$css_input output='cache/css.{$SKIN_FOLDER}.css' age='604800' debug=$CONFIG.debug||!$CONFIG.cache}

Here are some of the errors I'm getting

[19-Apr-2020 16:08:12 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  mkdir() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.mkdir.php'>function.mkdir.php</a>]: File exists in /home/claudias/public_html/classes/catalogue.class.php on line 1479

[19-Apr-2020 16:17:53 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  mkdir() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.mkdir.php'>function.mkdir.php</a>]: File exists in /home/claudias/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 158

[19-Apr-2020 16:17:53 America/Louisville] PHP Fatal error:  Error checking CHMOD in /home/claudias/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 160

deBug I get this on the home page (and some others):

[Notice] /home/claudias/public_html/classes/session.class.php:683 - session_start() [function.session-start.php]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73) failed: Permission denied (13)

The mkdir() errors are in a section code that has CubeCart build an image derived from the source image if that derived specific named-size image doesn't exist. But I say this doesn't have anything to do with whether or how your CSS file is being acted upon.

The Error checking CHMOD is an error message thrown by CubeCart if it cannot write to the /images/cache/ folder. If this just started happening, have your hosting provider check user/file permissions on that folder.

The ps_files_cleanup_dir notice can be ignored unless you find yourself (and customers) losing their session (thus, getting logged out) for no apparent reason. Have your hosting provider look into this. If you are just now seeing this, your hosting provider may admit to having upgraded some aspect of your server environment. But I say this doesn't have anything to do with whether or how your CSS file is being acted upon.

After Smarty combines all of the CSS files, the next step is to squeeze all the wasted content out of it (white space, abbreviates color codes, etc). This requires using a complex REGEX operation. This function has a limit on how much content gets to be scanned for its processing. This limit is lower on Windows Server boxes, but all servers have a limit.

So, the question is, how large is your special CSS file? As an experiment, put the special filename in its own <link> statement.

Please find in one of the CSS files the rule for .basket-detail.

There is an open brace brace on that line and another open brace on the next line.

It seems as there are two instances of this rule's syntax error that I see in the file:

https://www.claudiasbargains.com/cache/0873f.css.ClaudiasBargains-three_20200420171745.css

Which may still be incorporating claudiasbargainsthree.css.

But in claudiasbargainsthree.css, line 140, fix that extra brace.

In addition to CubeCart caching a combined master CSS file, your browser may be also caching that separate file. (The master cached CSS file, after being cleared out from CubeCart's clear cache, when rebuilt, the filename will have a different timestamp as part of the filename. So, your browser won't be using that from its cache.)

But the separate file, its filename has not changed, and so your browser may be using a cached copy of it. If that's the case, then force your browser to reload page resources.

I believe that the code in element.css.php still has "claudiasbargainsthree.css" in the array that gets combined. If so, there is no need to have a separate link statement.

I see that "claudiasbargainsthree.css" no longer has .basket-detail in it.

That leaves, perhaps, one of the contributing files to the master CSS file. Maybe foundation.css.

Look in the master combined CSS file, line 7525.

Line 6361 in foundation.css.

Archived