Ship to selected countries only

windsurfer

If you are using the All-in-One Shipping module, have only a zone for Canada.

Other shipping modules have a tab "Allowed Zones". Choose a country and click the white-plus-green-circle icon. Save. Clear CubeCart's Cache.

CubeCart will issue a warning (No suitable shipping found) when the delivery address is not in Canada.

• 3 months later...

Bsmither - I have a similar issue - we have international orders (local and international billing address) that default their delivery address to the billing address.  With All-in-One Shipping we have set it up so that Canada is divided into 3 zones and each has their own pricing.  We used postal codes to trigger the correct zone.  We added in a "rest of the world" zone that indicates to the customer that they need to pick up from us as their delivery address is outside of Canada.

In settings (Country / zones) we have disabled all but Canada.  In Settings (Taxes) we have set up Standard Rate GST and Standard Rate PST for all regions of Canada.

When an international order comes in the client tends to just enter their address for billing and Cubecart defaults delivery address to match and while shipping is correctly triggered, taxes is not triggered and they complete their order without any taxes. 

Our only thought was to enable all country/zones and then manually create a tax rule for each country setting up PST and GST at the same rate as Canada for all countries - this seems to be a very extended solution (339 countries = 678 tax rules).  I'm hoping there is a simpler solution.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, excellent question.  My service/product are funeral flowers for delivery within 50km of my store so out of country buyers need the product to be delivered within Canada so they all will only be charged GST and PST for the province of BC.  

Technically I'd like that the delivery address be restricted to Canada to ensure the correct taxes are being charged.  Buyers who have by-passed by not selecting a country for their delivery address end up completing the order without any taxes or shipping charged.  I really need a solution for this as the most recent purchases have all been done this way via paypal and I have to contact the buyer to clarify and add the costs and manually charged the additional - a very unfortunate interaction during a difficult time.  

Interesting. So, in general, the customer's Billing address could be anywhere, but the Delivery address must be local (including pickup at store).

I think the Billing address could be of no concern. But for this to work, all Countries should be enabled.

In CubeCart, we have the Store Settings, General tab, "Tax Customer by" choice of Delivery Address. Then, Stock tab, "Allow Delivery to non-invoice address" is checked.

We can try to code the Checkout page and the Customer Addressbook page to not allow copying the Billing Address to the Delivery Address, and to not accept any values for County (Province) and Country but BC, CANADA.

You say you have a custom message set in AIOS for the Shipping Rates assigned to the Rest of World?

Correct - billing could be anywhere, delivery address must be local or pick up at store. 

I've also updated our paypal extension to paypal commerce and that's made it better as clients don't end up duplicating their personal info and the delivery info for both our cubecart shopping cart and for the paypal or credit card payment.

All countries have now been enabled.  I've just checked the store settings - indeed tax customer by is the delivery address and the stock tab is checked.  

I'm using the All In One Shipping extension and I have zone 1, 2, 3 with pricing set up and created a new zone called "rest of the world" and created two options:

1. "no delivery available, pick up in store" and a

2. "Please fix delivery address if you need us to deliver to a funeral home".

This hopefully reminds the non-local buyer that they've used their own out of country address in the delivery address field.  

What do you suggest are my next steps?

I also noticed that the client is prompted at check out to fill in their contact info, billing address followed by an unchecked "I agree to the terms and conditions, unchecked subscribe to mailing list, BUT cubecart defaults that "Deliver to billing address" and "I would like to create an account" is checked.  Any chance I can remove the "deliver to billing address" defaulted check?

I just confirmed that the customer's addressbook form will collect an unspecified address, but becomes specified by selecting a designation as to what this address is: Billing, Default Delivery, or neither (non-default delivery). So, we can't force the issue regarding a logged-in customer.

Considering the nature of your product/service, we might think about not allowing a customer to create an account. How many "repeat customers" could you have?

That way, the checkout will always have a separate form for the Delivery Address that we can control.

I will look at the template code to review how the "delivery-is-billing" checkbox works.

I would have agreed that there aren't likely many "repeat customers" but in reviewing past orders, it does appear customers (specific demographics - those with many older friends) would return to the site to send out again annually. Still, a rather minor group of clients and perhaps not a bother for them to purchase each time without registration.  

I had previously made our site prices hidden until login just to make it one small annoying step for competitors looking to discover my pricing but have since removed that necessity as it bothered clients and competitors could easily create a login.    

While I'm open to removing registration how do I go about removing this option?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, bsmither said:

I just confirmed that the customer's addressbook form will collect an unspecified address, but becomes specified by selecting a designation as to what this address is: Billing, Default Delivery, or neither (non-default delivery). So, we can't force the issue regarding a logged-in customer.

Considering the nature of your product/service, we might think about not allowing a customer to create an account. How many "repeat customers" could you have?

That way, the checkout will always have a separate form for the Delivery Address that we can control.

I will look at the template code to review how the "delivery-is-billing" checkbox works.

Hello bsmither, 

Wanted to follow up on this item.  How do I remove registration from my site?  I searched the obvious places but login in and building a customer profile seems to be a default feature that is always on - I'm prepared to be completely wrong about this.

Archived