Mican Template

windsurfer

A bit of history:

Mican is one of the skins originally built for CubeCart 5. Those skins built by CubeCart HQ for CC5 were not responsive.

To answer that, CubeCart HQ built the Mobile skin.

CC5 was also written to auto-detect whether a mobile device was being used. If so, CC5 switched the skin to use from (Mican, for example) to Mobile.

CC6 has carried over this feature, with the additional condition that the main skin's config.xml file does not have, or says false, on the <responsive> node.

If the skin's config.xml indicates it is responsive, CC6 switches off this detection and auto-switch the skin process.

I haven't seen every skin that's available. I hope there is a Mican-like skin that's responsive.

• 4 months later...

In the Mican template content.product.php,

Find:
	  <h2>{$LANG.catalogue.product_description}</h2>
  		<div class="product_description">
			{$PRODUCT.description}
			<p><strong>{$LANG.catalogue.product_code}:</strong> {$PRODUCT.product_code}</p>

Change to:
{*	  <h2>{$LANG.catalogue.product_description}</h2>  *}
  		<div class="product_description">
{*			{$PRODUCT.description}  *}
			<p><strong>{$LANG.catalogue.product_code}:</strong> {$PRODUCT.product_code}</p>

Later, find:
  {if isset($PRODUCT.discounts)}
  <div id="quantity_discounts">
	<h2>{$LANG.catalogue.quantity_discounts}</h2>

Above that, add the following:
	  <h2>{$LANG.catalogue.product_description}</h2>
			{$PRODUCT.description}

Hovering over the Buy now button does not change into a hand for me either. I do not recall if it did with the unchanged code.

The Mican Shopping Mini-Basket at the upper-right corner will vibrate the View Basket>> button, with the number of items and Total being updated, when an item was added to the cart.

Please recall that skins originally developed for CC5 are not 'responsive' -- they are fixed width (1000 pixels wide). Therefore the device scales the page down to fit the width of the screen: about 400 pixels wide.

Still valid with CubeCart 6, the skin to be used will autoswitch to the Mobile skin - provided that it is installed, and that, if a mobile-specific skin is installed, then in admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, it is selected as the default front-end mobile skin and that the checkbox "Disable mobile skin" is not checked. (Note: these skin settings will not be visible if there is no mobile-specific skin installed.)

Archived