Canada Post shipping

windsurfer

I am trying to setup shipping to the USA with Canada post.

But when i go to the checkout page it keeps telling me there is no shipping method available. I have my Merchant ID as well. And yes i did login as a us customer.

Am i missing something ?

image.png.b4c55731279c539c7f718f216766d7da.png

image.png.2d2bf82a471635e9809c7bc11bc9b4ba.png

CanadaPost has become difficult to work with. I understood that CP was no longer creating new accounts for their API. Maybe you have had your CP Merchant ID for a long time now?

Regardless, when all was well, we learned that to access CP, your hosting environment needs to have an outgoing firewall exception created for port 30000.

My provider opened port 30000 but now i get this error

Also in the Canada post module settings there is a field called weight, is that in KG, GR ?

<fromPostalCode>N4G5M8</fromPostalCode> <itemsPrice>24.90</itemsPrice> <lineItems> <item> <quantity>1</quantity> <weight>100.22</weight> <length>2</length> <width>23</width> <height>26</height> <description>Online Order</description> </item> </lineItems> <city>Tillsonburg</city> <provOrState>Ontario</provOrState> <country>CA</country> <postalCode>N4G5M8</postalCode> </ratesAndServicesRequest> </eparcel>
Error:cURL Error (22): The requested URL returned error: 500
Response received (500 - Internal Server Error)

In KG. It is hoped that you have entered your weights in kg and specified in CubeCart's Store Setting to use metric weight: kg.

Other than not including the first line or two, the request looks good. So, the response must indicate that the CP server exists, but has a problem.

This is the product info

I am not sure though what determines the dimensions of the shipment. would it be the total of the individual items or the info in the Canada post extension, kind of confusing.

image.png.715e54412b3dbee0a862ebbeeb2e8a47.png

And the Canada post settings

image.png.19baa3aaa95ca7af332feaae936cb922.png

I do not recall seeing that the product dimensions, being part of the product details, affects anything at all. (Other than being informative to the customer, and being made available to third-party plugins.)

I've recommended that merchants get their box supplies in one or two basic sizes - 100 boxes in one size is cheaper than 10 boxes in 10 sizes.

And I know (last time I checked) that for USPS, they just make sure the box is not oversized, regardless of its actual dimensions.

Archived