Amzin (Bootstrap Responsive Skin)

• 1 month later...

6 hours ago, traylor23 said:

Hey There...for some reason, Cubecart's site won't let me message you. Is there a way to add a background image to the skin, and is there any way to have the products in list view by default?

Thanks,

Matt

Replied to your email. 👍

• Like 1

this is problem. impossible to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

414/5000

The server encountered an internal error or incorrect configuration and was unable to complete the request.

Contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time when the error occurred and anything you may have done that may have caused the error.

Additional information about this error may be available in the server's error log.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi great skin.

I've been using it for a while now and not problems.

How easy/difficult would it be to ass a prefix "From" in front of, or above, the prices shown on the "Latest" and/or the product page.

I'm not scared of editing PHP files but I don't know what I'm looking at or for, I don't know PHP.

Many thanks. :)

Edited by captinmax

Hi @captinmax

Sorry for the delay

for the Latest Products the only solution would be to display the "From" prefix for all products shown in that area as theres no direct check that can be made from the template. To achieve that you would do the following:

Open file skins > amzin > templates > content.homepage.php around line 67 find :

<div class="product-price">
	{if $product.ctrl_sale}
		<div class="price-group">
			<span class="old-price">{$product.price}</span> <span class="current-price">{$product.sale_price}</span>
		</div>
	{else}
		<span class="current-price">{$product.price}</span>
	{/if}
</div>

and change it to:

<div class="product-price">
	<div><small>From</small></div>
	{if $product.ctrl_sale}
		<div class="price-group">
			<span class="old-price">{$product.price}</span> <span class="current-price">{$product.sale_price}</span>
		</div>
	{else}
		<span class="current-price">{$product.price}</span>
	{/if}
</div>

as for the product page, personally i wouldn't recommend placing it on the product page as theres no simple solution to showing/hiding the "from" text as you would want it to be dynamic so that it disappears once an option is selected so that the customer sees a final price and not a from price. Then if your options are optional then you don't want to display a from price incase no options are selected. (if that makes sense) Although you could put it on the categories page like this

open skins > amzin > templates > content.category.php around line 149 find:

<div class="product_pricing clearfix">
	{if $product.ctrl_sale}
		<span class="old_price">{$product.price}</span> <span class="sale_price">{$product.sale_price}</span>
	{else}
		<div><span>{$product.price}</span></div>
	{/if}
</div>

and change it to :

<div class="product_pricing clearfix">
	<div class="clearfix" style="height:20px;overflow:hidden;">
		<small><strong><span style="font-size:12px;">{if $product.options}From:{else}&nbsp;{/if}</span></strong></small>
	</div>
	{if $product.ctrl_sale}
		<span class="old_price">{$product.price}</span> <span class="sale_price">{$product.sale_price}</span>
	{else}
		<div><span>{$product.price}</span></div>
	{/if}
</div>

• Like 1

Hi @NiteFox

Thank you it worked fine.

I know what you mean about the "Latest" page, but thats fine, I would rather all product have "From" than non. I have options on some products that are more expensive and got a few questions about why the final proce in the cart was different to what was shown on the home page.

As for the "Categories" page, that just perfection.

Once again, thank you very much. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In the template main.php:

Find:
<body>

Change to:
<body background="https://mybikerleather.com/Banner.jpg">
or
<body style="background-image:url('https://mybikerleather.com/Banner.jpg');background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Do the same for the template main.checkout.php.

• Like 1

That worked flawlessly...unfortunately it did not look as I thought it would. I was adding a leather texture to the background, but it was too dark. Is there anyway that I can make just the black header section a texture with the same jpg so the header looks like a leather strip?

Edited by radman420

ok...so I found a background that works...couldn't get the header bar to change but now with the new light background, I like it black anyway...

New question...how can I make the product boxes white and not transparent on these sub category pages?

https://store.mybikerleather.com/motorcycle-jackets.html

https://store.mybikerleather.com/womens/racer-jackets.html

3 hours ago, radman420 said:

I am trying to get my google analytics account going. I added the code in the store admin, but google not seeing it. Do I have to add manually?

Thanks!

Hey, 

By default the google analytics js is conditional to cookies been accepted so if you don't use the cookies notice or haven't accepted cookies then the code won't run.

If you want to run google analytics regardless of if cookies have been accepted then you'll need to remove the conditional statement by

skins > amzin > templates > element.google_analytics.php and remove line 1 and 13 like noted below:

{if isset($smarty.cookies.accept_cookies) && $smarty.cookies.accept_cookies=='true'}      <<< REMOVE THIS LINE
	{literal}
		<script>
			(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
			(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
			m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
			})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
			ga('create', '{/literal}{$ANALYTICS}{literal}', 'auto');
			ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);
			ga('send', 'pageview');
		</script>
	{/literal}
{/if}       <<< REMOVE THIS LINE

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, radman420 said:

Thank you NiteFox and bsmither. I appreciate you both very much.

Can you tell me if this plugin will work with the Amzin skin? It's called "Help Desk", and can be found here. >>> https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/help-desk

Hey,

I can't offer any guarantees as i don't have access to the plugin and the developers demo site has been suspended (not sure if hes still active with cubecart).

Looking at the plugin info and screenshots the only compatibility issues i predict is layout issues on the customer side. Providing the template side of things for the plugin are not encrypted this can be overcome by converting it over to bootstrap layout and adding any additional styling no problem.

• Like 1

I would be quite careful for several reasons :

1) The plugin hasnt been updated in over two years - while this doesnt necessarily mean anything by itself, CubeCart has moved on a lot in 2 years

2) It isnt just the demo site that is suspended, the whole website is suspended - this again could be a temporary oversight and may be back online any time soon or may mean a lot more.

3) There have been numerous complaints over quite a long period of time from users and many posts on these forums about not hearing back from this developer both for paid development work and also support

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again friends!

I am thinking about updating my cart to 6.4.1. (https://www.store.mybikerleather.com)

Since I am using this modified skin, should I expect any issues or extra coding to make it work?

Do I really need to update my cart? Is it security issues or just more features?

Thanks!

Rich

The developer will probably / should be releasing a new version of the skin to take account of all of the skin changes included in this recent version.  However, if you are using a modified version, then that update will not automatically apply to your store and you should chat to the developer about this.

If you dont make all the front end skin changes then you wont be able to take advantage of any fixes / new functionality that has been added - you may say that you dont need this functionality but it is always best to stay fully up to date because the situation simply gets worse and worse with each upgrade that is released - this is the problem with having custom changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, radman420 said:

Hello again friends!

I am thinking about updating my cart to 6.4.1. (https://www.store.mybikerleather.com)

Since I am using this modified skin, should I expect any issues or extra coding to make it work?

Do I really need to update my cart? Is it security issues or just more features?

Thanks!

Rich

Hi Rich,

There will be an update for my skins at the weekend to cover changes in the latest version of CubeCart.

As you have a modified version of the skin you can make use of the manual update guide to apply any front end updates you wish to add your site.

As @havenswift-hosting says its best to keep upto date, especially with the cubecarts core script. However, ultimately that is your decision 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 8:37 PM, radman420 said:

Thanks NiteFox,

One more question...

Can the core script be updated manually?

Thanks!

Rich

You can do if you're comfortable with it and familiar with github. You'd need to look over at cubecarts github and see what issues have been resolved and look at the code changes needed.

Editing the core script can get messy if you lose track of what you're doing. Far more simpler to just update the normal way unless your site is running a modified version of cubecart and you don't want to lose those edits (not including 3rd party skins as those are unaffected by core updates).

• Thanks 1