Issue setting up PayPal Commerce Platform

ScottStan

I am trying to setup the PayPal Commerce Platform extension. I have ensured it the latest version.

When I click the "Sign up or connect your existing account" button on the extension page, the small pop up appears and I get a spinning cog & Paypal logo briefly and then the attached "This page isn't working". Have tried from multiple browsers and even on my phone but same result.

Any advice on what is going wrong here? Have I missed a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

pp-issue.png

The (i) Info tag near the top of the window, as well as the Chrome black bar at the top, suggests (to me) that the problem (server response 500) is at PayPal.

It is not unreasonable to make a guess that there is something that CubeCart is giving PayPal that makes PayPal crash. (That is so inconceivable!)

This page may have some relevant info:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-i-get-paypal-for-marketplaces-error-500-ts2138

• 3 weeks later...

You're not alone; I (and others) have been encountering the same problem for several weeks. Luckily I have the previous version of PayPal Commerce already installed and working, but I'm trying to upgrade because the old version is superseded. Unfortunately, it appears that PayPal are not responding to requests for assistance from the developers of the extension. Nor are they answering requests for support from users (i.e. me).

Their help page for a 500 error is, sadly, useless.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:51 PM, bsmither said:

This page may have some relevant info:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-i-get-paypal-for-marketplaces-error-500-ts2138

Unfortunately, the only information this page gives is "your use case has not yet been approved for the PayPal Commerce Platform", and neither of their proffered solutions (reach out to your PayPal account manager or contact us) is functional - I *am* my PayPal account manager, and they don't respond to contact. Impasse.

Archived