Quickbooks Desktop Integration?

Lamrith

I am hoping the guru's here can help.  Current issue is inventory control/management and reducing repetitive data entry.

This business started as a small side gig (still is as I have a fill time day job) and I ran it entirely on an advanced spreadsheet.  Tabs for each stock order pulling inventory from previous order into new one, customer orders depleting stock, and sheet also calculating totals, etc.  Cubecart ran (runs) parallel to this as my online portal.  A great number of customers prefer ordering/paying online then picking up locally.  This was complex and cumbersome keeping inventories aligned, but it was manageable given my size and limited activity levels.  The operation grew to the point I filed paperwork to form a business and I am now filing taxes, charging sales tax etc.  That necessitated more detailed record keeping and I purchased Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2019.  With the COVID-19 situation my business has spiked and the factory leadtimes have increased sevenfold, so I am struggling to keep a handle on inventory and sales.  I am currently running with 2-3 stock orders out and pending at a time and not able to keep inventory in stock which has compounded the logistics of 3 inventories.  I see about 50/50 in person vs online orders.  Now I have 3 inventory's running and it has gotten unmanageable, as I have sales happening online, and over the phone/inperson and with low inventory it is creating overselling situations.

Is there a way to have cubecart integrate or at least interface with Quickbooks desktop?  I host my QB file on a cloud right now so I can access it remotely, hopefully that means it can be accessed and updated by cubecart and vice versa?  Cubecart is just a POS portal for me I do not use it for more than making it easy for my customers to place an order, check inventory and see detailed product descriptions.  No actual accounting or reporting for the business is done thru it.

The spreadsheet is it's own problem child that I need to figure out.  I have found it extremely useful when quoting customers, as I can access it anywhere I can get to a web browser.  It is also built to help projecting and ordering inventory given the long leadtimes.  Knowing I have X amount of product coming in 3 weeks lets me actually presell some of it if needed, and then I roll another tab for the next order and so on.  I am hoping to roll this all into quickbooks long term.

With that in mind, I see two linked yet separate needs:

1. Being able to have quickbooks push inventory updates to cubecart when I enter an order recieve a purchase order.  At the very least something I can run to have it update after I enter a change to inventory in quickbooks.  This is by far my #1 need, just so that I do not end up in a situation were someone buys something in-person, then someone online buys it and I am out of stock.
  2. Cubecart pushing sales order information to quickbooks.  This is more a data entry saving measure, but also helps stop overselling for me if someone buys something online.

There is, but it is entirely bespoke. I helped build a Quickbooks Point of sale connector, but it isn't in the QB Cloud. There isn't anything off the shelf which will do what you want or need. In theory it is something we can help you get built, but our lead times much like your supplies are pretty stretched at the moment. 

I should clarify, I do not use QB POS.  I just use normal QB desktop.  However my company file is hosted on a cloud (not quickbooks provided, it is private cloud service) so that I can access it remotely.

I was hoping someone had already done integration before and it was just a matter of getting a module add-on that was already developed.

Hrmm I wonder.  this idea has some merit and might be worth trying short term.  I really just use QB to handle taxes/payables etc, so this might work.  the challenge will be tracking Paypal/cc fees against the books.  I have been doing that transactionally so far.

QBPOS and QB Desktop share a lot of similar functionality at the API call level via the QB connector. Unfortunately, there isn't anything commercially available "off the shelf" for CubeCart that I am aware of. 

Archived