Repeating Text Outside of Product Description

traylor23

Hey There,

I am still using the old school Kurouto skin, and I am having some sort of formatting issue. If I try to add a table to my product pages, it adds a copy of the rogue text to the upper left hand corner of my page. It only does it on the desktop skin, and not the mobile. Any ideas how I can correct this? Tried using Inspect on Chrome, but it didn't offer information that I could figure out. Thanks in advance. Picture of problem attached.  Also, here is the direct link to the product in question:

https://www.ballcardz.com/2018-topps-base-set-photo-variations-698-ronald-acuna-jr-baseball-card.htmlwebsite.jpg.8f12dbbd852ec9a879b2a65f51e43c08.jpg

@bsmither, this is perfect for your eyes (I hope!). @Dirty Butter, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

It seems you have added some twitter meta tags to the template.

The use of quotes in this location is erroneously closing out the content attribute.

<meta name="twitter:description" content="

<p>
  This is a 2018 Topps Base Set Photo Variations Ronald Acuña, Jr. baseball card.
  The card is #698 and is in NM-MT condition. This card is referred to as the "Factory Bat Up" version.</p>

This means all that follows is displayable HTML.

Suggest using apostrophes.

I see the use of smart-apostrophes. Not an issue.

But now, all the quote marks in the table attributes are interfering.

I do not know the end result of putting HTML in a location that is (I assume) destined for Twitter.

But I can say that putting HTML in the <head> section of a web page has some consequences.

If the added content in the main.php template is modifiable, maybe you can make this change:

<meta name="twitter:description" content="{$Variable}">
To:
<meta name="twitter:description" content='{$Variable}'>

That is, use apostrophes to enclose the value of the content attribute so that the quotes in the content won't interfere. That means you can't use apostrophes in the content.

Archived