corrupt image file

roryt

Hi Guys

if I go into images in the admin section I get the following message in a red band across the top of the files page:

• Not enough memory to create thumbnail from `Screenshot_20180921_115412.png` or file is corrupt or invalid.

cannot find this file anywhere and cannot get rid of the error. any help greatly appreciated.Screenshot_20200518_095604.thumb.png.5e83fe11bb5817e38873576a49a7d2f3.png

I think the error is being triggered from something on the storefront. CubeCart is wanting to create a derived, smaller, image from the source image that is assigned to a product or category.

Do you recall having attempted to upload this image, perhaps the attempt was accidental, to a product or category?

The reason you see it in admin is because these 'administrative' warning banners are suppressed from being displayed to the customer on the storefront. So, it ends up getting shown in admin even though the error was not triggered in admin.

This error also includes the case where the image cannot be found. So, the database has a reference to this image (as the assigned image for a category, or an assigned image for a product) that does not exist, or is not where the database says it is.

If the category can be recalled, then on the Images tab, the image chosen should be able to be changed, or no image at all selected. Then Save, then have CubeCart clear it's internal cache.

If the error banner is still there, try clicking the (X) at the left edge of the banner.

Archived