new administrator can't make changes

Rich

I added a non-superuser administrator to my store. I granted it read/edit/delete permissions to manage categories, products, customers, and orders.

Upon logging in with that user to check it out, I find that it will not allow saving (edit) or deletion for those items!

I really don't want them to be a superuser, so what do I need to do to fix this???

Welcome Rich! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Obviously, that is not supposed to happen. And, in admin, the database is not supposed to be using any cached queries - fresh requests from the database at all times.

Still, if you haven't done so already, make sure that you have had CubeCart clear its internal cache. You might have noticed a lit button at the upper-right corner.

I will make some tests.

Please let us know the exact version of CubeCart you are using.

My recent test involved changing the permissions to match the above of an existing sub-admin, logging out, then logging in as that sub-admin. Permissions behaved as expected.

In admin, as the sub-admin, visit Maintenance. You should get a red banner warning: "You do not have permission to perform that action."

Log out, then in as the super-admin. Again, visit Maintenance, Database tab. Any warning banners about a table(s) needing repaired? Especially the CubeCart_permissions table?

As the sub-admin, got the "You do not have permission to perform that action." warning.

As the super-admin, there are no warnings of any kind in the database tab. Ran a "check" on all tables, and all were OK.

My next test will involve creating a new sub-admin and assigning permissions at that time, before saving. (I'm checking for the proper sequence of saving the admin details, then saving the permissions matrix.)

In the meantime, use an external database utility to check the contents of CubeCart_permissions. Your hosting account's control panel will have phpMyAdmin available. If on a server you have direct access to, you should have a utility available on your workstation to manage the database server.

For admin #2, you have Categories (3), Customers (5), Documents (4), FileManager (7), Orders (10), and Products (2) as Delete/Edit/Read (7). For Statistics (8), there is only Read (1).

I think I found the problem.

To clarify, the sub-admin can read, and possibly make changes on the form, but there is no Submit button to post those changes? No Delete icon (red trash bin) to delete an item?

If that is the exact case, then, as a work-around, for any sub-admin, do not give just Read permission for any section -- which is dangerous, I know. Since you have just Read permission for Statistics, and there is nothing to delete in Statistics, go ahead and give Delete permission as well for Statistics.

I will verify and post a problem report.

Archived