Add to Basket change to More Info or Details

Matthew66

Hi,

Upgraded to the 6.2.9 CC and the Square payment Extension.
Great job Guys!

Question...
How to change the Add to Basket terminology and effects on the main page and category pages...as multiple size choices are offered for an individual product:
I kept copies of the category and main pages before the upgrade like I used to do and they worked great on the older versions of CC, but it totally messes with the layout when I use them now.

So, how to change the button to read: "Details" or "More Info" and lose the following error statement when you click from the main or category page items to go to the item itself with v6.2.9?

The following errors were detected:

Try this for the Homepage:

In the skin template content.homepage.php, near line 46, find:

{if $CTRL_HIDE_PRICES}

Change to:

{if true or $CTRL_HIDE_PRICES}

The Category template is a bit more involved because there is no exact duplicate of the {if} test sequence.

Thanks bsmither....

Cool...that works...

Ah, I just saw your category template in your fix it message.....I remember you had a fix for the older version of CC that you gave...will that still work on v6.2.9?
And, how to change info to "Details" or "More Info"

Thanks so much!
Matthew

You will need to point me to that conversation regarding the fix to View Category. But it should work.

Three lines after what you just changed, change the Smarty variable from {$LANG.common.info} to {$LANG.common.more_info}.

My apologies, I think it was Butter that fixed the category section during a forum post, but I can't find the feed...

What does this do or mean in the content.category.php template on lines 162-164?

{* Uncomment this if you want to show a more info link
               <a href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}" class="button tiny secondary left">{$LANG.common.info}</a>
               *}

Can doing something with this make it happen?

Thanks,
Matthew

In my opinion, that commented statement is a remnant of a prior method of doing this. Currently, the statement is in the wrong place, and then there is no indication of what must then be commented out as being no longer pertinent.

OK - trying to resurrect these old code changes, so bear with me if I miss all the changes needed at first.

Change this in content.homepage.php from

<button type="submit" value="{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}" class="button small postfix">{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}</button>

To this

<a href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}" class="button small postfix">{$LANG.common.info}</a>

I just changed the wording to suit myself in Language.

I did the same thing in content.category.php and that's all I have found so far.

Archived