Cinda - Multipurpose Cubecart Theme

Hi, I've purchased this template and been trying to send out email to developer, but keep getting 500 internal server error when clicking the submit button. Guess I'll add the issue on here and hopefully Patrick will see it and respond to me.

Hi, I just purchased the cinda template, but so sad that it will not work for me at all. My site has to many Categories, about 30. So when loaded the template, no way to make that work, and also noticed that the popular images come out huge and no way to control that neither, and also on the items descriptions, on the short description column, I get a whole bunch of text similar to the original description, but there's no way to remove that even though that my items don't have short description as well. I was so happy since the only issue with cubecart has been the lack of good presentable templates, so when I saw this one, I went for it. But as mentioned, this template will only work out for people with 3 to 4 Categories on their site, unless there as parent which mine are not and I find no way to do such as you can only parent one Category to each. Is there by any chance that I can make this template work for my site's?

I really love the template and would love to make it work if possible. I also purchased the zoho from Patrick which is the one I currently use, but no updates to it ever made and can't be used on the latest v6 with lots of errors, so I purchased this one in hopes to make this one work. I would not had purchased if these issues were noted on the description. So I advise that maybe you should note it, because maybe the'll be people that will have a fuss to loose out on $90 bucks after purchase and won't work for them if they have too many categories, and also these bugs I mentioned.

I thank you in advance for your time and concern in this matter! Eddie

Allow my 2 cents: It is CubeCart's job to derive the short description from the regular description if there is no actual short description composed. With Foundation, only the View Category page, list mode, uses the short description. (Panels use the product name.) So, it is an unfortunate situation that you have hundreds of products such that it would be cumbersome to write an actual short description.

I also see a control panel setting for Product Columns. I wonder if setting this to six might scale down the size of the Latest Products panels?

I concur that to have more than three or four categories would overflow the Navigation menu bar (as would Foundation). I wonder if its possible to put the navigation bar on its own row?

This skin is pretty close to what I've been looking for, for a long time.

The settings page could do with making the link boxes editable.

Even default, it has some odd behaviour, the links have a black background with white text and then when you hoover over it, it's white text on a white background?

I mean it's easily customised but it's a bit wierd to change the header background color with out it.

boxes.png

Also with SSL enabled the lock icon is misaligned.

checkout.png

Edited by Lastwolf

Awesome, thanks for the quick turn around.

As of v1.3 - my fix hasn't been added in, just if people are having the same issues I was (might be server settings)

element.product.horizontal_gallery.php the following lines are

<script src="{$ROOT_PATH}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/picturefill.min.js"></script>
<script src="{$ROOT_PATH}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/lightgallery.js"></script>
<script>

this causes both scripts to not be found

<script src="skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/picturefill.min.js"></script>
<script src="skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/lightgallery.js"></script>
<script>
Edited by Lastwolf

• 11 months later...

This skin hasn't been updated in a bit, my fix from june last year still hasn't been added. And now you'll get 404 errors now if you use the newer seo with no .html at the end as it's all hardcoded to html.

It's in a bunch of places, like 6 or 7 of the templates, I went down the list and anytime you see login.html, search.html or register.html, you need to replace the .html with {$CONFIG.seo_ext}

I was a real pain in the ass, I'd upload the files but given as it's behind a paywall to even download the skin not sure that's a great idea 😃

Edited by Lastwolf

• 1 year later...

I see this has been removed from the marketplace, what's the policy on totally abandoned skins?

The dev appears to have totally disappeared, like the email address gets no responses, the website he links has gone. if I do the work to get it up to scratch can I release it for everybody or am I better off just starting from scratch ?