Admin Side VERY SLOW

traylor23

Hey There,

So, my store has been upgraded several times...going all the way back to version 3, actually. Last week, something happened, and suddenly the admin side of my store slowed to a snail's pace. What tips can be given to improve this, or, better yet, can a reputable member take a peek and help me improve this? Thanks in advance!

Does this happen on every page load, or only waiting for CubeCart to process what was POSTed and to send back a fresh page, and only for certain POSTs?

In admin, CubeCart does not use the cache. So, every query communicates with the database.

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable debug mode and enter your workstation's IP address in the adjacent field (www.showmyip.com). Now, when getting pages, below the content, there will be a grey section listing database queries, and also at the bottom, a "Page Load Time".

For each query, there is a value in seconds. Don't be mislead by a number shown like: (9.0837478637695E-5 sec). The E-5 says to put a decimal and 4 zeroes in front of the nine, making this a very small number. Rarely will a query have a decimal and only one zero.

The Page Load Time should also be small - less than one second.

CC629 could have multiple sections of debug data - one for processing the POST, and a second when the browser is told to fetch the after-POST page.

You aren't mentioning the storefront, so we can assume it is functioning normally?

Storefront has been loading fairly quickly, unless I make a wholesale change, but it returns to quick loading soon after I clear the cache. Had a couple of orders, and one from a repeat customer, and they reported a pleasant experience. 

It’d probably be easier for me to just send you the admin login info I created for my hosting company. They are doing some tests on their end as well. I’ll do that in the morning. Thanks, as always!

I believe there is a bad database query that will cause an incredible amount of time for large resultsets.

In /classes/seo.class.php, find:

private function _getCategoryList($rebuild = false)

Five lines down, find:

$query = sprintf("SELECT C.cat_id, C.cat_name, C.cat_parent_id, S.path FROM `%1\$sCubeCart_category` as C LEFT JOIN `%1\$sCubeCart_seo_urls` as S ON S.item_id=C.cat_id AND S.type='cat' AND S.custom='1' ORDER BY C.cat_id DESC", $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'dbprefix'));

Change to:

$query = sprintf("SELECT C.cat_id, C.cat_name, C.cat_parent_id, S.path FROM `%1\$sCubeCart_category` as C LEFT JOIN `%1\$sCubeCart_seo_urls` as S ON S.item_id=C.cat_id WHERE S.type='cat' AND S.custom='1' ORDER BY C.cat_id DESC", $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'dbprefix'));

Archived