Connecting a live csv feed

Adam Shaw

Hi,

Hope everyone is well.

Just wondering if it's possible to connect to a live CSV feed, and how to do it please?

I understand about the import CSV from a static spreadsheet, but how do I link to a live feed using url?

I am NOT at all techy so creating code / hooks whatever is over my head!

Thanks

Loving the positivity disco_ii_disco! Thanks for the reply.

So there's no standard plug in or anything for this, I would need someone to write specific code for my needs?  Are there any freely available examples I could look at, that you know of, so I could get an idea of the complexity.

Thanks for your help.

Probably what I should have said is "anything is possible if you have enough time (and desire)"!

Do you know what format the live feeds are in, is it an api or is it a file that you download?

I get sent .csv files from suppliers daily and then I upload them to my own admin system - which has a csv upload script in it.

If you Google "csv upload script" you will get example code.

You will need a new table in your database to store the uploaded data.

And then you will need some more code to do whatever it is you want to do with the data.

p.s. you might want to change the tile of this thread - rather than "Mr" (!) - to get more views.

• Adam Shaw changed the title to Connecting a live csv feed

Haha, that shows how techy I am!  I've changed it, thanks.

As far as I can understand it's a live CSV download, it comes as a url with my login details as part of the address, and it should keep everything updated for me (dropshipping).

I've had a quick search for the script you have mentioned, and will spend a bit of time getting more familiar with it.  At the moment I am creating my own CSV file for the products I'm adding from one supplier, as they don't offer a CSV.

Thanks again for your help so far. 🙂

Archived