Bulk Update Product Price from CSV

Welshy

Hi,

I hope your all well?

I'm not a very literate PC person, but i do dabble with our CC shop.

Today I have tried to update our CC shop prices with the free CC code snip it ' Bulk Update Product Price from CSV 'and whilst i'm getting a blue banner saying ' File uploaded successfully. successfully uploaded 1458 products and 0 failed'  message at the top of the screen, there are no prices changing, and when i look i'm finding 7000 + errors in the error log about the price changes

This is the errors i'm getting : 

File: [snippet_330cdf6856647f32d715c6bc32897a2c.php] Line: [22] "UPDATE `CubeCart_inventory` SET `cost_price` = '182.71',`price` = '188.58' WHERE `product_id` = AB-TV-004-A;" - Unknown column 'AB' in 'where clause'

It seems it does not like our part number which is  :-  AB-TV-004-A   but i'm not sure exactly what the error is telling me if i'm honest.

What am i doing wrong and how can i correct this as we need to amend the prices as we are starting to hemorrage money due to big recent price increases and as we have 1458 products which will take ages to amend both the cost and selling price manual?

Also in the market place the instructions to upload the csv file on this bulk price update says ' Go to "Documents" under "Filemanager" and upload it to the root folder'  This is wrong isn't it?  I can't find an upload function in the Documents section but i did find an upload section in the Downloads section which is where i uploaded this .csv file.

I appreciate your help and looking at this for me.

ps. i've also noticed i'm now getting this error recorded int he erro log as well : -File: [snippet_330cdf6856647f32d715c6bc32897a2c.php] Line: [22] "UPDATE `CubeCart_inventory` SET `cost_price` = '249.32',`price` = '250.45' WHERE `product_id` = AB-TV-004-B;" - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

In CubeCart, the 'product_id' is an integer, used as an identifier in many other tables.

The AB-TV-004-B looks like a 'product_code'. Also, this value will need to be enclosed in quotes when it is seen in the SQL query. Otherwise, it looks to the database server like a mathematical expression.

Archived